SAMMY LEE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:17 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:His job is to assist Rafa not tell him how to do his job. And Rafa isnt going to hire someone who's going to want to do things their own way rather than his. Like it or not.

Thats my point. Is it down to us supporters only to point out the faults while the "professionals" live in ignorance? Or should we all just shut up and support the manager?

Youve lost me there mate but going back to your original point which was about Lee not the fans, do you think the club would be doing better and running smoother if sammy was in opposition to Rafas football ideologys? The rags would love that.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:44 am

I don't understand some of your arguments here.

"An assistant that oppose your ways, ideas, and philosophy?"

Come on guys, do you absolutely think that any Prime Minister would keep his Deputy if he keeps on criticizing about the way he rules a country? Do you think that liverpool club is a democratic entity? We have been trying to oust the two yankee clowns but they are still here are they not?
The fact is that NO ONE is above Benitez EXCEPT the current shareholders and unless the fans hold a significant amount of "tangible" equities, you can forget about dissing rafa out for any reason whatsoever. 

The job as a deputy is to assist in every way that the boss requires him to do so for the greater good. Certain Benitez's idealogy and philosphy MUST NOT BE QUESTIONED e.g. rotational policy etc; they are embodied into a "Rafa's-Liverpool-Standard-Operating-Procedures" handbook. The #1 rule of that book certainly read "Follow my way or get the f'uck out".

This is the reign of Rafa Benitez. I was one of the strongest rotational policy bashers but I have come to a point of realization that until rafa steps down as the gaffer, there will be bottomless rotations, bizarre transfers, illogical substitutions etc. Until today I still can't comprehend the fact that he's gotten keane for 20M for pete sakes.

Rafa is rafa. Rafa is liverpool.
We are liverpool.
No two ways about it.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby lakes10 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:02 am

You only have to hear a few thing that Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard  have said about Sammy to understand what it means to have him back at the club.

They have both said that his half ttime team talks have done the job (ok we dont go into why he is doing them and not Rafa).
Steven Gerrard has said on Radio 5 live " when you walk in and you see Sammy with a bag of Balls you know your at Liverpool, you just look at him and know he has been and done it"

I also feel that he has tried to keep Rafas mind on the Prem (but that has not always worked) when Rafa might have started to rest players for the CL,Sammy has had a say.

Sammy has sometimes got it wrong twice he has come out and said things that should have been left in the changing room, Like the time he come out and said a player was fit and should be in the starting line up  (and he almost said the same on radio five live before our last game ).

I dont understand how our changing room is working since Sammy has been here and who is doing all the team talks but if we end up champs, then it worked.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:25 am

I see a 'bit' of Ronnie Moran in Sammy. And i do mean just a bit....but what semblance there is, could end up being a decisive factor in Liverpool F.C's future foundations since his appointment.

I think Benitez has added much to this club, not least a sense of stability and technical efficiency amongst other virtues. But Lee, in my opinion has added a touch of 'character' back into the thing.

A commodity that was always present during the golden days...He isn't the f*cking messiah or anything like that. But what he will contribute is far more than the sum of his parts to the proceedings.

One of the old school.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:37 am

bigmick wrote:It's really difficult to say how much difference Sami has made without actually being involved in the set up. We're top of the league since he came, but it's a hard call on the manager to overstate his influence I think.

There are a number of factors which no doubt have come into play with regards us challenging, but exactly how much influence Sami has had is probably anyone's guess.

I cannot put my point in better english than this.

Only to add, that I'm a bit superstitious when it comes to football. I would command to Rafa to keep on the stands with the cell phone until we lose a game :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:45 pm

bigmick wrote:It's really difficult to say how much difference Sami has made without actually being involved in the set up.

To be fair, its never stopped people on here making daft claims about knowing what goes on at the club before today mate.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Im glad Sammy is back. It's a nice combo having someone like him in the mix with Rafa. He knows full well what it takes to win at this level so he is the perfect man for the job imo.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:59 pm

sammy is old school, & has been a pleasure to listen too in recent interviews. his love,enthusiasm & trying to re-live the old school mentality has defo had an effect on the players, they clearly respect the man for his knowledge on what it means to play for the club, i would love to see the boot room reclaimed also,as i'm also old school & think that fans who don't know the history behind the boot room etc would be educated in the best possible way. for me he has been a fantastic signing! the song yesterday was awsome btw i'm sure sammy loved it aswell. :laugh:
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Sabre wrote:
bigmick wrote:It's really difficult to say how much difference Sami has made without actually being involved in the set up. We're top of the league since he came, but it's a hard call on the manager to overstate his influence I think.

There are a number of factors which no doubt have come into play with regards us challenging, but exactly how much influence Sami has had is probably anyone's guess.

I cannot put my point in better english than this.

Only to add, that I'm a bit superstitious when it comes to football. I would command to Rafa to keep on the stands with the cell phone until we lose a game :D

I actually stated this in another topic,maybe Rafa interferes too much when he is n the touchline? :D
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Sammy Lee has been charged with improper conduct following the Spurs game

He has until next Wednesday to appeal, probably just looking at a one match touchline ban
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Yet Colin Wa.nker (Neil Warnock) and Simon Jordan have got away with what they said after that goal wasnt given . Hope to see ORN charged next time he has a rant then
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 pm

To go back to the original point, how much value is Sammy bringing us I wonder?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Dundalk wrote:Sammy Lee has been charged with improper conduct following the Spurs game

He has until next Wednesday to appeal, probably just looking at a one match touchline ban

Fuc'king disgrace,the FA and their w@nky officials are more guilty of misconduct throughout a season than all the managers put together!

The standard of refereeing just keeps getting worse every season!

He will only get a daft fine at worst but its the fact they are guilty of a lot of mistakes too often,then when someone highlights the fact the refs are incompetent they get shi't on for it that bugs me more!

Dic'ks! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion