:laugh:  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 am

NANNY RED wrote:Anyway ive got me eye on one of these now   :p

Your strange....

:D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 am

LFC2007 wrote:Unbelievable pass. The timing and the execution sets it apart. Any fecker could aim one out wide to a full back but to get that level of accuracy on it and make it an easy take for the player while he's on the move is special.

I had a look at him a couple of other clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDGX8zuHYK0&feature=related. That's how passing opens up play, even if it isn't all Xavi and Iniesta 'killer' ball stuff. And people said he was overrated.

I agree that this is the correct place to talk about this, and I also agree it's nice Dundalk wants to talk about ex players or a beautiful pass and that shouldn't be a problem

Alonso is a midfielder, Xavi and Iniesta are midfielders, but at the same time, it's difficult to have any more different midfielders -- that's why they play together for Spain and are compatible.

Different kind of stuff, Alonso's game is about playing behind those.

Maybe Alonso's style is not ideal for the typical english football fan. I remember that where as I thanked the pause he gave to the game, for some tastes those very good decissions were "horizontal dull passes". Not that wanting a more direct game rather than this pause is bad, it's just a different approach to football. And when you see your biggest rival playing that kind of football and winning, it's somewhat normal to be tempted to think the kind of game Alonso gave to the team was too "safe in the pocket".

But it wasn't wrong his style. It was just a different style.

About the accuracy of his passes, about the swerve he gives to the ball in order to be controlled easily and all that we already commented it, not that it wasn't appreciated that here, everybody did.

I haven't seen much of Alonso this season anyway -- you have to understand me, it's as if he joined Manchester United for you. But for what I read of him, he's being appreciated, and with the impatience that exists in Madrid, that says something about him.

But Alonso made the wrong choice. The Florentino model of galacticos, failed once, and it will fail again. There already are problems in that dressroom, you know with who? yes you are right, with Ronaldo: apparently the team mates start to grow weary of his gestures and faces when he doesn't get the ball, he's seen as a ballhog. Too many cócks for a single henhouse in that team.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 am

LFC2007 wrote:Unbelievable pass. The timing and the execution sets it apart. Any fecker could aim one out wide to a full back but to get that level of accuracy on it and make it an easy take for the player while he's on the move is special.

I had a look at him a couple of other clips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDGX8zuHYK0&feature=related. That's how passing opens up play, even if it isn't all Xavi and Iniesta 'killer' ball stuff. And people said he was overrated.

that's a great clip. its the way he instantly starts looking for width as soon as he gets the ball, and can hit the winger straight away with amazing accuracy. shame we never had any decent wingers to hit though...

*guiltily w.nking*

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 am

s@int wrote:I thought you would have gone for Kuyt's twin (bottom right) Nanny rather than Dawson's

:D

was going to point that out myself, he's a deadringer

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 am

Andy, in that clip the commentator says something about Alonso having to be English and he went to Spain to be converted, or something. But I don't get right what he says, what is he saying that his style is typically english? or that he'd like him to be english?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 am

Sabre wrote:Andy, in that clip the commentator says something about Alonso having to be English and he went to Spain to be converted, or something. But I don't get right what he says, what is he saying that his style is typically english? or that he'd like him to be english?

i had the sound down because i'm on the sofa with the laptop while my boy watches spongebob (bob esponja) on the telly. i'll listen with the sound up later and give you a translation.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 am

NANNY RED wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Anyway ive got me eye on one of these now   :p

ME new fella is the one smack bang in the middle baldy head and glasses black and white top , :nod

Who Nan Gordon Lees Lad ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:43 pm

God loves them all.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Sabre, the commentator just mentions that the two are former Liverpool players.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion