Houllier talks bollox again - More excuses and we didn't even lose!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:09 pm

Gerard Houllier - "....Do not forget we had a young team out there, they maybe lacked experience of these sort of games."

Yeah, real lack of experience, several of the players won the UEFA Cup with Liverpool and went through our last Champions League campaign. "Do not forget", Kermit, that you picked the XI and left Dudek and Riise on the bench. "Do not forget" that it was your choice to sign so many inexperienced players.

Kirkland - could have picked Dudek instead
Traore - played in Europe last season
Biscan - not as centre-back but has played
Hyypia - been with us for ages
Diao - must have played at some point in Europe
Kewell - plenty of experience with Leeds
Gerrard - more than enough games under his belt
Hamann - coming back from injury is not inexperience
Diouf - played in Europe last season
Owen - no comment
Pongolle - what did he expect?

Heskey - too many experiences in a Liverpool shirt
Murphy - plenty of experience
Smicer - plenty of games in Europe
Riise - not used
Dudek - not used

I don't think he can really use a lack of experience as an excuse, there was more than enough experience on the bench alone (between Dudek, Riise, Smicer, Murphy and Heskey)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:14 pm

Yeah i'm getting fed up with the old "young team" and "lack of experience" excuses, it's just not on anymore, by the end of this season some of our players will be getting on a bit,i.e.Hyypia,Hencoz,Hamann, and they've had plenty of eurpean experience.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:53 pm

you can tell houllier is a mate of david o leary.they both use exactly the same excuses.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:20 pm

O'Leary and Houllier. Both clowns.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:24 pm

Owzat wrote:Gerard Houllier - "....Do not forget we had a young team out there, they maybe lacked experience of these sort of games."

Yeah, real lack of experience, several of the players won the UEFA Cup with Liverpool and went through our last Champions League campaign. "Do not forget", Kermit, that you picked the XI and left Dudek and Riise on the bench. "Do not forget" that it was your choice to sign so many inexperienced players.

Kirkland - could have picked Dudek instead
Traore - played in Europe last season
Biscan - not as centre-back but has played
Hyypia - been with us for ages
Diao - must have played at some point in Europe
Kewell - plenty of experience with Leeds
Gerrard - more than enough games under his belt
Hamann - coming back from injury is not inexperience
Diouf - played in Europe last season
Owen - no comment
Pongolle - what did he expect?

Heskey - too many experiences in a Liverpool shirt
Murphy - plenty of experience
Smicer - plenty of games in Europe
Riise - not used
Dudek - not used

I don't think he can really use a lack of experience as an excuse, there was more than enough experience on the bench alone (between Dudek, Riise, Smicer, Murphy and Heskey)

yeah :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby THEBARON » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:17 pm

Yes spot on !
The only player who could only truthfully be called inexperienced is Pongolle. As you say the others all have varying degrees of experience, including a world cup finalist , an african footballer of the year ( twice ) and an ex european footballer of the year.
How much more of this cr#p do we have to hear ?
THEBARON

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:42 am

The real joke is he didn't have to play an inexperienced XI but he chose almost the most inexperienced XI he could. There was an XI something like this to select -

Dudek
Riise
Hyypia
Traore
Diao
Kewell
Hamann
Gerrard
Diouf
Owen
Heskey
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:02 am

I think Kermit did not start with Heskey because he known that the ballerina-pretending-to-be-a-striker would do what he does best...woeful misses and keep falling all over the place to be of any use to the team.
As for the excuses, all of you said it better than I can, and I wholeheartedly agree with you lot.
Come on, Liverpool, sack the Kremit and get a real manager who can take us forward!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:47 am

have to agree lads G.H. has made some cr#p decisions ,excuses are dire .but yet if you try put the team on paper and consider your team with other teams on paper you would wonder why were not in the running for the league or even for a place .By the way i'm not defending him but does all the blame go his way yes he got rid of some class players he's keeping on to some others no need to mention names every tru fan knows who but i still think the players r not giving 100% thats just my point of view everyone is entitled to theirs but before you speak put pen to paper just see if you can make a good team out of the squad thats there and you can even exclude biscuit and smicer guaranteed you could make a good team there just not doing the job there being paid a lot of money to do just like houllier is not doing the job hes paid to do
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:10 am

gh is a tw#t and thats it and all about it ......... :angry:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:30 am

Pongolle may have the least experience, but he's great at disturbing the opponants defensive formation. Also sometimes when the opposition doesnt know alot about a player they cannot predict or plan how to combat said player. And if the team is inexperienced enough not to know they shouldnt be able to beat "such an such" a team that can be a good thing too.

I think he would do better to stick to facts, and leave out the explanations. They only draw him heat. eg

Our attacking lacked potency, or
Our shots were numerous, but off target and low percentage...

we will work on this on the upcoming weeks.

Instead of ;

We lacked attacking potency because our team is inexperienced, or
because we had several key players missing.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:26 am

Yeah absolutely. Instead of talking "we" he could describe it from a neutral perspective -

"we played poorly" to "it was a poor performance" - sounds much better. "we will improve" to "there will be improvement" etc
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion