Houlier talks bollox again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:37 pm

What happened to his excuse "half the team are injured"? I never quite worked out who the "half" consisted of, I got as far as Carragher, Henchoz, Baros and Hamann, two of whom were making their way back from injury, plus Owen who had, at that point, missed one or two games! Carragher is good but not vital, Baros would have been missed but that still doesn't make "half" ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:37 pm

redandblue wrote:If we don't beat Birmingham on Sunday the excuse is..........'we were tired after our midweek victory against Steau who of course are a very good team and it is disappointing that we don't have a full strength team to choose from. Emile today worked very hard and was unlucky not to score. Playing at this level in Europe is very tiring. Much more tiring than the Champions League where they play the ball around casually, unlike the UEFA Cup which is like 22 schoolboys chasing the ball. That means that the players get tired quite quickly. Our record in Europe over the past few years is excellent and we are trying to become the first team in Europe to win the UEFA Cup four times which would represent a major achievement. I of course have already won the UEFA Cup with Liverpool and many other big trophies. When we won the treble a few years ago, we were campaigning on many fronts and I said to my players.......guys, I will always support you, even if we can't beat Birmingham over 120 minutes of the Worthington Cup. I will also support you even if we get outclassed in a cup final by Arsenal, and when I took off all my strikers in the last UEFA Cup Final against Alaves with five minutes to go and defend our 4-3 lead, it was my brilliance which enabled Gary to get the free kick and then the own goal. So, yes, we are disappointed with a 0-0 against Birmingham today, but we will go forward and we have every chance of qualifying for the Champions League. We have learned from today's match and the team is still developing. Still in transition. I am very pleased with the attitude of the boys. They are very positive and never give up. This will give us a platform for the future and we aim to win the league in the next few years or so. And don't forget when we won the treble, everyone was writing us off...........'

Or something like that.

thats him alright :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion