LILLE VS LIVERPOOL - Cancelled

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 am

lakes10 wrote:easy win tonight. 3-0

got that one right for a change.  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:43 am

Excellent 1st half and a good start to the 2nd half BUT those last 20 minutes give cause for concern. With the team looking increasingly tired our apparent inability to put a foot on the ball, slow it down, string a few passes together and keep possesion was deeply worrying. I appreciate we were tired after our efforts during the first hour or so but the way our composure just evaporated was startling.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:53 am

woof woof ! wrote:Excellent 1st half and a good start to the 2nd half BUT those last 20 minutes give cause for concern. With the team looking increasingly tired our apparent inability to put a foot on the ball, slow it down, string a few passes together and keep possesion was deeply worrying. I appreciate we were tired after our efforts during the first hour or so but the way our composure just evaporated was startling.

I think that was down to two things mate, firstly our form, despite a good win against Portsmouth we've never been on a proper run this season and until we do I don't the players will ever feel really comfortable. Secondly, it came down to the personnel, for the most part we bullied our way into the lead last night, we pressed em high, forced errors and won the ball in dangerous areas. The moment we started to back off it was the other way around we them doing what we did to them for the first hour. We're never gonna play keep ball effectively with Kuyt, Lucas and Masch in our front 6. Throw in Insua (who is very nervous in possession in his own half) who scares the shi.....t outta me! and Carra who (as we know) will punt it when his options are limited (as they were in the last 15 mins) and you've got a few problems keeping hold of it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Anybody else think Agger had an absolute mare last night ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Anybody else think Agger had an absolute mare last night ?

Thought he was OK tbh. There were times in the first half when he was carrying the ball forward that he looked like the Agger of old. Second half everybody's performance slowly went downhill but I wouldn't especially single Agger out.

Maybe I missed something ?.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Agger took a really bad knock in a collision with one of their players, maybe that affected his game?
account deleted by request

Postby zarababe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Oh, yeah, BTW - I remember last week we were out?

:D yep.. Rafa was again losing the plot and going to Real, Juve, the moon and timbucktoo.. and people on here were reading Albert Riera's comments and dising Rafa AGAIN..

Rafa takes no prisoners, especailly not any overpayed, hyped superstars.. he can handle them and that's why the 'best of them have credited him with their improvement and some have found themselves in the international teams of their countries (loathe to Rafa's preference), but funnily enuff he's the reason they are their

And so . here we r again...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games