LILLE VS LIVERPOOL - Cancelled

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Anyone going in live chat lol
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Oh, yeah, BTW - I remember last week we were out?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Really good result! Lets be honest, not many of us truly believed the score was gonna finish up 3-0. Nervy finish and the ball did turn into a hot potato for the last ten but you always felt that was gonna happen bearing in mind the season we've been having and also some of the personnel on the pitch tonight.

Only downside is the mancs will be rubbing their their paws coz we're gonna be off the pace on Sunday having played 2 games since their last game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 pm

live chat!!!!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Live Chat people!! :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Scottbot wrote:Really good result! Lets be honest, not many of us truly believed the score was gonna finish up 3-0.

Some nervy defending at the end, but a good overall game, happy for the clean sheet as well.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:37 pm

good solid performance.

we played well, and also had periods where we looked waaaaaaaay too tense but all in all we scored at the right times to make sure we got thru.

All the goals were taken well, Lucas was a revelation in the first half, completely different role....great tactics there......Torres' 2nd finish was especially good to see.

Hope we are not too tired now to batter the mancs. Cos they will try and run us ragged on Sunday and stretch us cos they have had a week off....

onwards and upwards, keep it up redmen!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 am

We got the result so that's the important thing. Not trying to play devils advocate but we looked sloppy in posession. It's going to get alot harder now so we really need to step it up if we want to win this.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 am

BRING THE DIRTY INBREDS ON!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:55 am

Is it me or does Lucas expect to be applauded for anything he does right?/He is the worst midfielder we have had in years.

I expect us to go on from here but how ironic it would be for us to draw Valencia and be knocked out and for Rafa to be sacked
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:56 am

by the way i am smashed tonigfht

:D
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:56 am

sorry tonight

:D
roberto green

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 am

Well deserved overall. Bossed the first half, part of the second, got a bit nervous in between but ultimately finished it off with the third. Main positives from the performance were 1) Torres is looking sharp, and there's defo more to come 2) Masch, the man is made of steel 3) Lucas, got forward first half and looked like a different player. The one concern is that we didn't keep the ball well enough for half-an-hour or so and had a couple of dodgy moments at the back, but we did look a little tired.
LFC2007

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 am

Emerald Red wrote:Oh, yeah, BTW - I remember last week we were out?

That was a reaction to our season more than the result, I did say at the time 0-1 most sides would normally accept and take it back to their's.

We played quite well, but they didn't pose half the threat they did in the first game when their goal was a tad fortunate and perhaps Reina should have come for it.

Nice to see Lucas get in on the act, he played quite well. But let's not go to the opposite extreme of last week, we relied on a penalty when Lucas is far from the best finisher in the side, it looks on one replay I've seen like he may have "won it", a goal from Torres made by Torres skill and finish and then a goal from a rebound that Kuyt would probably get stick for scoring ( "all he does" style), but that Torres is probably going to get BJs all round for because he was in the right place at the right time and every goal counts - different set of rules for Torres obviously.

Maybe the standard of the pitch played a part, but we were a bit lucky in the sense one goal from Lille at any stage would have changed the complexion of the game. They didn't get it, not that they didn't come close on occaision, but we would have been a lot more nervy and sat back a lot deeper had they scored at any stage at all.

Lille are an ordinary side, it's nice to beat them on aggregate from 0-1 down, but let's put it into perspective. Some try to paint the French league as strong because a lot of teams are close at the top, that might merely indicate it is a weak league because no sides are strong so everyone is beating everyone else. Proof of the pudding normally comes in Europe, or are we to believe that English clubs reaching lots of finals and bossing the competition for the last five years is 'luck' ?

On the note of Rafa Benitez, it is lined up nicely that he wins the Euro Disney League then heads off to Real Madrid, just like he won the UEFA Cup with Valencia just before coming here..................................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:31 am

Anyone know what time the draw for the next round is? think i read 11am (2 an a half hours).. but not sure whether that's for all the CL draws n that too.

EDIT: just checked.. think the CL draws are 11am.. EL at 12 noon...

Wait.. 1pm CET is 12 noon GMT right? ahh hell knows.. i'll just keep an eye out on the bbc i guess.
Lee2k6

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games