Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Garcia or benayoun - Whoes better...

Luis Garcia
31%
Yossi Benayoun
69%

Total votes : 39

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:45 pm

as i said thats your opinion, but i'm thinking the same about how you think benni is a better player than babel..

Ridiculousness beyond all comprehension
shanklygates

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:47 pm

benni has a better attitude than babel, he has also played a lot more games than babel in his natural position.

but a better player than babel...no chance
shanklygates

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Funny guy :D
LFC2007

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:01 am

For me Yossi is a better and more stable player than Garcia. But Garcia brings back the memories about the fine squad we had back then and also one memorable night in Istanbul :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:13 am

Luis Garcia, scored CRUCIAL goals while Benayoun tends to knock in non-crucial goals.

LUIS GARCIA - IMPORTANT LFC GOALS

1 vs Norwich away (won 2-1)
3 vs Bayer Leverkeusen over two legs (won 6-2)
1 vs bitters home (won 2-1)
1 vs Juventus home (won 2-1, won 2-1 on aggregate)
1 vs Tottenham home (drew 2-2)
1 vs Portsmouth away (won 2-1)
1 vs Chelsea home (won 1-0, won 1-0 on aggregate) - but did it cross the line...................?
1 vs Betis away (won 2-1)
1 vs Birmingham home (drew 2-2)
1 vs Bolton away (drew 2-2)
1 vs Arsenal home (won 1-0)
1 vs Chelsea neutral (won 2-1)
1 vs Galatasary home (won 3-2)
1 vs Tottenham away (won 1-0)

121 apps in three seasons, 30 goals of which 16 were very important come crucial

YOSSI BENAYOUN - CRUCIAL LFC GOALS

1 vs Wigan away (won 1-0)
1 vs A Villa home (drew 2-2)
3 vs Havant home (won 5-2)
1 vs Birmingham away (drew 2-2)
1 vs Wigan away (drew 1-1)
1 vs R Madrid away (won 1-0) - was it crucial given we won 4-0 at Anfield...................?
1 vs Fulham away (won 1-0)
2 vs Arsenal home (drew 4-4)
1 vs Man City home (drew 2-2)

115 apps into his third season, 26 goals and 12 important or crucial. But none of Benayoun's could be deemed as CRUCIAL as Luis Garcia's against Juve and twice against Chelsea that paved the way to our last two trophies. Benayoun has scored twice in Europe this season, we lost both. He scored a hat-trick in a 4-0 win, scored a hat-trick against Besiktas in an 8-0 win, but did score away at the bernie inn. That said we won the return leg comfortably, how much you attribute that comfort to the winner at the bernie inn depends on how much you want to. That and the Havant 5-2 are the only cup games he's influenced the outcome of.

I probably just prefer Benayoun, but I think both have limitations and can be equally frustrating. I'd back Luis Garcia to win you a game you needed to win, when we need something from a Torres, Gerrard or Benayoun, they've all not stepped up and been counted. None of Benayoun's goals this season have influenced the outcome, either losing or would have won anyway. Kuyt has scored the winner over Debrecen and West Ham yet gets next to no credit for anything. I bet those slating him left, right and centre this season a) haven't said too many bad things about Benayoun recently, and b) were celebrating when he scored along with the rest of us.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm

At the start of the season I'd have gone for Garcia without a second thought, he was a talented player who was entertaining to watch and some of his goals were brilliant. This season Benny has been playing far beyond the expictations I had of him. But Garcia could play up front as well and that'd be pretty useful right now with just N'gog providing cover.
Luis
Dinger

Postby leep33 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Benayoun is a more consistent player, although i was a bit gutted when Garcia left, on his day he was a match for anyone.
leep33

Postby steviec » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I always called Garcia "The Exorcist" as he was good at getting rid of possession!

Benitez always made excuses for that failing, as he maintained he did so many other good things, but if you study it closely enough, you will find that Garcia cost us a lot of goals with sloppy play. So scoring important goals himself is often balanced by bad play
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby neil » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 pm

slightly amazed at the current 27-12 status in favour of yossi.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls