Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Garcia or benayoun - Whoes better...

Luis Garcia
31%
Yossi Benayoun
69%

Total votes : 39

Postby Madmax » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:34 pm

Both players are very similar but who do you think is better? Which has had more of an impact at LFC and an influencial role?
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 pm

I think Garcia had the most impact as he scored vital goals in vital games , but I think over time Benny has gained consistancy and importance and is now imo a much more important player.

I loved and hated Garcia throughout his time with us in equal measure, while Benny I hated when he arrived but as his performances have improved so as my respect for him.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:28 pm

If you need goals, Garcia is the answer, if you need creativity and passing Benni
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:15 am

Garcia had within him breathtaking ability. He attempted the impossible 100% of the time and succeeded 60% of the time.

Benayoun has 75% of the ability and shows it more often than Garcia.

I'd go with the Spaniard - the goal against Juventus was out of this World for cheek - like a less able Robbie Fowler.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Garcia had within him breathtaking ability. He attempted the impossible 100% of the time and succeeded 60% of the time.

Benayoun has 75% of the ability and shows it more often than Garcia.

I'd go with the Spaniard - the goal against Juventus was out of this World for cheek - like a less able Robbie Fowler.

Have to agree I went same was just something about him you just know he get you goal in tight spot.But he did go missing in smaller games tho sometimes.Miss the fella we felt his loss for a season or so when he left.

Was tight call tho and tbh with our team atm wouldn't mind both of them in it atm on each wing that would be something.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:26 am

Although Luis Garcia could perhaps pull of a wonder goal or do something magic, he would then dwindle out of the game. Where as Yossi is steady and consistent (usually) throughout with a touch of flare added in in little bits.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:27 am

Yossi
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Yossis the better player - and IMO one of the best ball players in the world, although he lacks a little in positioning and strength.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:30 am

Benayoun has been poison lately....none more so than last night. Couldn't thread a ball to his own teammates all night. Absolutely awful game, he had...

He should've come off after 20 minutes IMO..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:29 pm

what gets me is your all choosing garcia, but the vote has benny way out in front.

both players are equally frustrating, garcia would attempt flicks tricks , backheels you name it and the other team would nick it, but some of his goals were out of this world., as for benni, what frustrates me about him more than anything besides not being good enough is his consistent ability to run into brick walls and lose the ball, i.e trying to get through gaps that just arent there., he does it all the time.

garcia would get my vote every day of the week.
shanklygates

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

shanklygates wrote:as for benni, what frustrates me about him more than anything besides not being good enough is his consistent ability to run into brick walls and lose the ball, i.e trying to get through gaps that just arent there., he does it all the time.

Aren't you the guy that rates Babel?
LFC2007

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:30 pm

ok see the thing with babel is this.

he is a striker, and has never been given a run of games there, if he had of been i dont think you would be seeing the sulky one with the poor attitude who quite rightly has played his last game for liverpool...hopefully.

i think babel is a very talented player yes, he has it all, can shoot with both feet, blistering pace and good in the air.

so do i rate babel...yes i do
do i want him at liverpool...no i dont,
shanklygates

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:35 pm

shanklygates wrote:i think babel is a very talented player yes, he has it all, can shoot with both feet, blistering pace and good in the air.

:laugh:

He's sh!t. Benayoun is twice the player he'll ever be. The guy runs down more blind alleys than any player I can ever remember.
LFC2007

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:40 pm

thats your opinion, and thats one i disagree with completely in my opinion.

babel with a fair crack of the whip would have been a totally different player, rafa and man management simply dont go together, a happy playing in the right position babel wipes the floor with benni, that goal he scored the other week, benni couldnt and wouldnt have scored a goal like that..ever
shanklygates

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Ridiculousness beyond all comprehension.
LFC2007

Next

Return to Football Related Polls