The weakest link - Garcia , dudek. ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

The weakest link - Garcia , dudek. ?

Garcia , 5 a side superstar ?
33%
Dudek ,  du this du that but when it matters duz fu'ck all .
67%

Total votes : 15

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Don't want to be to harsh on Dudek , Goalie's shortcomings are always highlighted but even I could have stopped that one.
Garcia ? Right now I swap him for Mr Bean at least I could laugh at his fk ups.
:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:54 pm

We desparately need a consistent goalie who is only beaten by outstanding efforts. Todays mistake was total embarassment all round !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:03 am

Dudek should've stopped it with ease , but shi't happens . Would be unfair to blame one player for one mistake (as crucial as it was) . It's not as if the rest of the team played a perfect game .
:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:12 am

both of them are a waste of space
109-1105722616

Postby Dom1 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:18 am

my nan wudda stopped it!!

if u watch the clip of rooneys goal over a few times it really seems like dudek stalled his dive and then seemingly went for it when the ball was behind him ???
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:07 am

Im a keeper myself and that stop should have been covered - even a school team keeper like me coulda at least parried it away.

But everyone does mistakes and keeping is the most dangerous to make a mistake - id like to have Jerzy gain some confidence back but he is too prone.

Garcia...he reminds me of stereotypical muzza's back in aus (no offence to any here, its just like hes so muich stereotypical italian or greek in aus where they just want to hog it and score bythemselves)...

Just to save myself in case there are some italians/greeks on this bored from aus, i must emphasize stereotypical - there are some good wogs in the world and im mates with some.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:01 am

wee_boi888 wrote:there are some good wogs in the world and im mates with some.

Think you've logged on to the wrong forum.
Use your search engine and type in " r soles r us "
:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Djiin » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:00 am

there is a need now that we must get a new keeper but i think Garcia is playing with too much fancy footwork..if he could cut down with that with simple pass i'm sure the weakest link will prevail.
Djiin

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:21 am

Are you from australia woof? you would understand if you were. Some of my closer friends are italians and we both joke around at "muzzas" cos they wreck the game. dont judge unless you know what it is you are judging.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:32 am

Garcia is not performing. That's why Barca offload him last summer. But, Rafa might be able to revive him. At least he still score some goals...
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:59 am

i think garcia gets judged too harshly. i don't know whether we expect too much from him or what but he was by no means our worst player. he gets into good positions, is always looking for the ball and runs in the right direction. his major problem, and the one he gets judged on, is that his final decision about what to do with the ball is too often poor.

for me its dudek that may have finally dug his own grave.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:03 pm

andy_g wrote:i think garcia gets judged too harshly. i don't know whether we expect too much from him or what but he was by no means our worst player. he gets into good positions, is always looking for the ball and runs in the right direction. his major problem, and the one he gets judged on, is that his final decision about what to do with the ball is too often poor.

talk about hitting the nail on the head. :)

it doesn't help when people started comparing him with dalglish after a couple of decent performances against west brom and norwich. then, when he started going missing in games everyone was slating him and saying get rid.

the guy should be judged on PRODUCT. in the past few games he's had a couple of assists (the cross to morientes was superb) and has generally kept his shape better, rather than wandering all over the place.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:22 am

players like Garcia will always get lauded when things are good and be crucified when things are bad
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:37 pm

stmichael wrote:the guy should be judged on PRODUCT.

St Mick, Not suggesting Garcia doesn't now and again show flashes of "talent" and manages to "produce" something but unfortunately thats only 20% of the time . The other 80% he's getting knocked off the ball or making a pass /"flick on" that nobody (in our team at least ( :D  ) can read. Maybe he's being let down by his team mates inability to read his intentions ( :D  ) .For me personally he's a five a side player , I've lost count of the number of times a promising Liverpool attack has broken down through his inability to play a simple ball to a team mate. .
You say judge him on "product" fair enough , but to balance the books you have to also judge him on his failure to produce.
As one member described him "Garcia is wasteful"
That for me says it all .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Football Related Polls