Winter break - Farce

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:15 pm

I cannot believe what football is coming to these days. managers and players whinging about playing too many games and being tired is an absolute joke as far as i'm concerned. i mean these players get 3 months off during most summers and now they're going to get 2-3 weeks off in january. what more do they want? for the amount of money these ATHLETES are getting paid surely playing 3 games a week sometimes is no big deal. mind you i think i'd be tired if i was getting £40k a week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:17 pm

Silly idea, a more sensible schedule and maybe fewer games for teams in Europe would make more sense. Notice the scots ditched it and their league is a joke
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:19 pm

yeah cutting the number of teams in the premiership would be a start because there's too much dross in there anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:32 pm

Was it Septic Bladder who wanted all European Leagues to have 16 teams? I tend to agree, 30 games a season is plenty and accounting for maybe an extra 20 games in other competitions make a much less hectic season.

Maybe we should do what they do in one of the cricket cups - play one competition for like 2-3 weeks and get a lot out the way. Maybe instead of playing pre-season we could have a pre-season Carling Cup
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:39 pm

yeah it was blatter all right. he should concentrate on sorting out the major problems in football i.e. hooliganism in turkey, instead of poking his nose into our league all the time. he's certainly got some vendetta against the english that's for sure.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:42 pm

How do we get threatened with bans for hooliganism and the rest of Europe who do it all the time get poxy fines? UEFA should have stated ANY team whose fans get out of control will be banned not just target England
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:14 pm

because of our supposed history of being banned from europe. turkey should have been kicked out of euro 2004 but fortunately they lost to latvia in the play-offs anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:16 pm

There were worse sets of fans than ours at Euro 2000 yet we still get tagged as the trouble makers. Hooligans don't represent this country, they should be treated for what they are and this country should disown them. I would refuse the tw@ts permission to return to England
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion