New prediction game for the new season!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Yes, after 2 glorious seasons and 150,000 predictions, including a few correct ones, FantasyRafa.com is now enjoying a well deserved retirement.

The good news is... the challenge lives on at PredictaBall, and it's more testing than ever! Basically you choose what you think the starting lineup will be, the first Liverpool goalscorer and the final result.

Come along and join for the new season.

http://www.predictaball.co.uk/

League name: newkit

League password: newkit
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:46 pm

I walked it last year :eyebrow ...not going to bother this time, as there were only one or two ar5ed in the end.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby europian-kings » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm

im on there :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Your better off doing a prediction game on the forum....so its there so people actually go on the thread.

I do one on 606,

Here's the rules copied and pasted from that...

How To Play:
Every player must pick on all the games and for every match that is not picked on will lose you will lose 10 points. The table will be updated after each set of weekend games. You should format your picks like this team A def team B or team A to Draw with Team B. You should also put your predicted score in brackets. Your picks on matches must be posted before the match starts or it is invalid and won’t be accepted. If you predict the correct score for a game you will receive double points. You gain points by the odds in brackets next to the fixture. An Incorrect Pick which has been made will lose you 0 points. The player that has the most points at the end of the season will be the winner. The More Players The More exciting it will be. Please pick in the format shown below. The odds will go up closer to the time.

I think if you want a prediction game to be successful you wanna go for something like that....you could do just liverpool games or whatever.

Didn't someone start a thread with a game like this earlier in the close season?
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:15 am

red37 wrote:I walked it last year :eyebrow ...not going to bother this time, as there were only one or two ar5ed in the end.

I only did fantasy football last season to access the stats, it gets rather long, drawn out and boring before many weeks. It can also be a chore, having to remember to go on and enter your team.

I feel like I should go down the bookies and put £10k on Chelsea and the mancs to win the league, knowing my luck neither would and so that might enhance our title prospects! Not sure it would be worth it, you only get worthwhile odds in football betting on longshots. Best odds I see are on scorelines like 3-0 so you'd be better off putting money on those once in a while than backing certs that aren't even that certain
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite25 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Either that as in the post above or halftime / fulltime. if 1 team winning at halftime and then you back the other to end up winning the game all sites will offer a min of 25/1
Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9349/kkwt.jpg
Kopite25

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm in, I'm jconnelly16.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion