LIVERPOOL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Final fixture - sun 16:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bosko-Macedonia » Tue May 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Yossi is awesome. He is our key player for unlocking the "bunkers" like Hull or Stoke.
Rafa will be such in wrong if he don't put Yossi in the first eleven next season in every game....
I like this player!!!
justice for the 96...they will never walk alone...
Bosko-Macedonia

Postby Owzat » Tue May 26, 2009 3:00 pm

In fairness we probably all thought Benayoun wasn't good enough to start that often, and once we signed Riera where was he going to play? We couldn't leave Kuyt, Gerrard or Torres out of our best XI so something had to give and how many of us early season would have put Yossi in the starting XI instead of Riera? I bet most would have sacrificed Kuyt willingly, that would have proved costly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing best left to people with eyes up their...............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Tue May 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Owzat wrote:In fairness we probably all thought Benayoun wasn't good enough to start that often, and once we signed Riera where was he going to play? We couldn't leave Kuyt, Gerrard or Torres out of our best XI so something had to give and how many of us early season would have put Yossi in the starting XI instead of Riera? I bet most would have sacrificed Kuyt willingly, that would have proved costly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing best left to people with eyes up their...............

:D i 've  never doubted that a big part of yossi's contribution is as "desequilibrante" - a dummy, a feint or a piece of skill to open up the defence

but he's not a left footer, and riera was performing well at the start of the season so it made yossis inclusion on the LHS difficult and it wouldn't be simple to replace your brand new 20m striker with yossi
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Tue May 26, 2009 3:11 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Owzat wrote:Jesus F Christ Tonyeh, you still on about Keane being subbed and when?!?!? He played 77+ mins ELEVEN times out of 28 appearances, 70+ in 16 and 66+ mins in 20 of his 20 appearances. Given his scoring record that was pretty good.

Even if it was a draw, do you think Rafa shouldn't have changed things?!?!?!? Keane might have scored had he stayed on, but if he couldn't score in 66 mins then the odds aren't favouring him scoring in the last 24 mins. Ye protesteth too much over this whole Keane/sub saga, Keane played 10 games of 80+ mins and scored in only two of them after eight previous instances of not doing so. I didn't care much for the way Rafa used Keane, but Keane didn't help himself with his attitude.

Yes, I do "protest" over it. It was a disgrace how he was handled when he was at the club. An absolute disgrace.

Also, "...if he couldn't score in 66 mins then the odds aren't favouring him scoring in the last 24 mins" is a stupid thing to say. A goal can come at any point in the game., as it did on Sunday. You have to be on the pitch to score though.

He certainly wouldn't score sitting on the bench, that's for sure.

I'm not saying Keane would have lit up the field every second half, nothing like that. But the chance was there to score, if he had been left on.

He had nothing from his team the entire match on Sunday and never looked like scoring, but still knocked one in.

He would have just needed to do that twice in the 6 Months here was at Liverpool.

Just twice...

:no

The disgrace is a professional footballer who isn't willing to put in the extra effort to prove his critics wrong. He was :censored: whilst he was with us and at the time I thought it was bad man-management from Rafa but now I see that Rafa was actually being too soft on him, in the majority of games he literally couldn't even get near to having a shot at the barn door!

He has done sod all after returning to Spurs and that was the place he needed to prove to the world that he was treated badly by Liverpool and is in fact a talented striker.  He hasn't done that so I am reclassifying from a hard done by footballer to a gutless, talentless tw@t and one of the biggest transfer mistakes by Rafa in buying him but smart in getting so much when ditching him. Proves old 'Arry isn't quite the wheeler dealer I thought as well.
heimdall

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:49 am

Robbie Keane " I still love Liverpool, its still my team, i would love to play for them again but it would need a new manager there for me to do that"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu May 28, 2009 12:05 pm

It was dispicable treatment of Keane, he came off at half-time every game he started! :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion