Motd and ronaldo sitting in a tree! - Ronaldos midas touch

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Let me have a little rant here!

yesterday I watch MotD and saw the goal of the month nominations, now I think Geovanni is gonna win it but thats beside the point.

Last season Cristine Ronaldo socred a back heel flick against aston villa passed scott carson (you all remember it) at the time it recieved a heck of alot of attention about how brilliant a goal it was and a testement to the genius of CRonaldo. Im not saying it wasnt a great goal, but it was hardly Zolas backheeled volley against Norwich (i think??)

How ever back to my point, John Carew scored a backheeled flick  goal last month (cant remember the apponants) which didnt even get in to the goal of the month selection.

My gripe with this is it was only brilliant because it was ronaldo and quite clearly anyone else doing it isnt worth a mention. People dont have to agree with this and can argue that ronaldos goal was better for X amount of reasons but it still remains that everything ronaldo does (or any player in the spotlight) turns to gold and is over hyped to the nth degree.

another example is the flicks and tricks he does when 25 yards away from the nearest player!!! they get him nowhere but they are the best thing since sliced bread according to the commentators and journalists.

my rant over!!

:rasp

does anyone else find this, or do I just despise Ronaldo that much
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am

On MOTD 2, John Motson actually orgasmed when Joe Cole scored, and impregnated the Chelsea fan sitting in front of the commentary box.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:15 am

I really was not that impressed with Ronaldo's goal when it happend. It fell at his feet and he got pretty good power on it, nothing more.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:58 am

Geovanni , 2 great goals in 2 weeks . Deffo goal of the month against arsenal
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Do I recall correctly that Torres didn't have a single entry in the MOTD goal of the season competition?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion