Fantasy football - Who is having a go

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby destro » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:00 pm

It is getting to that time of the year when nearly every paper/magazine is running its Fantasy Football competition.

I have a go on most every time they come around, who else takes part in them and which one ?

Do you go for a strong deffence weak midfield and average strike force, or put everything in to a top strike force and hope the goals fly in ?

The Star one looks OK, 60 Million to spend plus no rule about too many players from the same team. They also have a better scoring system, Deffenders getting the most for goals scored followed by Midfielders then finally Strikers 10, 8 and 5 points respectively.

The Telegraph one is OK also
destro

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 pm

We have one on here mate,Dundalk started the thread...im gonna win! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:09 pm

No offence to Dundalk mate but I think the prize money on offer in the ones I mentioned is slightly more than what you can win on the Newkit one :D 20 grand for the winner of the Star one and 50 grand in the Telegraph
destro

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:14 pm

destro wrote:No offence to Dundalk mate but I think the prize money on offer in the ones I mentioned is slightly more than what you can win on the Newkit one :D 20 grand for the winner of the Star one and 50 grand in the Telegraph

Ah fu'ck destro you have no chance winning that mate! :D
Besides it will be much more fun on here were you can take the pi'ss of your fellow competetors,when they are doing sh'ite!

I'll probably come last now after talking me up! :sniffle
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Number 9 wrote:
destro wrote:No offence to Dundalk mate but I think the prize money on offer in the ones I mentioned is slightly more than what you can win on the Newkit one :D 20 grand for the winner of the Star one and 50 grand in the Telegraph

Ah fu'ck destro you have no chance winning that mate! :D
Besides it will be much more fun on here were you can take the pi'ss of your fellow competetors,when they are doing sh'ite!

I'll probably come last now after talking me up! :sniffle

:laugh:  :laugh: Dig out the thread from the last time. I made a right mess of it, I didn't think I had registered for the right one so I started posting on here offering my best players for their worst ones ( which went down like a fart in a lift ) turns out I did actually register for the right one, but some cunning posters on here took advantage of my generosity/stupidity and fleeced me of my better players, I am still haunted by the whole thing  :(
destro

Return to General Chat Forum