Is this a jumble sale?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RoyalRed » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:43 pm

fellow reds please tell me that im not paranoid or sumthin but is there a big sign out side the shankly gates sayin in big bold letters STEP RIGHT UP COME AND GET ANY PLAYER YOU WANT FROM US ON THE CHEAP INCLUDING OUR MOST COVETED PLAYER WE WONT MIND WE'L LET U AV EM'
:angry:
RoyalRed

Postby fivecups » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:47 pm

You didn't see the sign underneath that:

'WILLING TO SIGN ALL SPANISH PLAYERS. NO OTHER NATIONALITIES NEED APPLY'
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quimby » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:51 pm

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried about that as well. However, Rafa's just started and I'm certain he knows what he's doing.
Quimby

Postby RoyalRed » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:54 pm

five cups i know were jokin ere but i reali dnt mind hu plays 4 the pool as long as they give the last drop of sweat of their a*r*s*e after putting up with the last couple of seasons but i just want us 2 get some decent money 4 rafa 2 spend so we dnt have 2 rely on any future investment i.e (morgan) do u agree?
RoyalRed

Postby keliko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:54 pm

as with any new manager Rafa's gotta be given time to stamp his authority on the players, we will be a more exciting team to watch than in recent years

:alien:
keliko

Postby Quimby » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:58 pm

Even from this early point, the team is more positive mentally and on the field. I can't wait for saturday.
Quimby

Postby Voices from Yates » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:22 pm

LFC's problem includes Owen walking away for nothing on a Bosman.(I know he said he wouldn't, but after this last week, I don't beleive him)Also REAL could snooker LFC on Alonso, if they don't get Vierra.This might be the lever Real will use .
If they get Owen, then they stay out of the way for Alonso.

What would you do? Take $$ and players now, or nout in 2005.
???
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby banana » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:29 pm

Maybe Rafael Benitez have seen the same thing as everybody else over the past few years? Owen is not as dangerous as he used to be. He has lost his pace and killer instinct.  I actually think Benitez is the architect behind Owen's departure. Remember we have sold big name strikers before in Fowler and Collymore. What have they done since they left Liverpool? Unfortunately I think Owen's career is moving very much in the same direction as Fowler's. And I can not really see many clubs fighting over his signature.If I was in charge at Barca or Real I would not be interested in his services. It is a big risk given his injury proness and his lack of form lately. I think we should feel lucky if we can get some money out of this deal at all. Don't forget; Owen can sign a bosman deal in december. And his loyalty is clearly with the highest bidder.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion