John aldridge - Legand

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 pm

:laugh:  :laugh: Aldo said hed heard that if we beat Chelsea tommorrow night we get to keep them  :laugh:

Absolute class Aldo :bowdown
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:01 pm

:laugh:  :laugh: Aldo sound  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:01 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh:  :laugh: Aldo said hed heard that if we beat Chelsea tommorrow night we get to keep them  :laugh:

Absolute class Aldo :bowdown

Yeah I just heard that.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:04 pm

great listen - had shivers down me spine listenin to the boys sing ynwa at the end!
can"t wait for tomorrow night now the butterflies are startin already.
come on red men lets hear the legend aldo say "ave that" again
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:10 pm

NANNY RED wrote::laugh: Aldo has just said that when he was younger he got beat up by about 40 man utd fans outside the match

By the way Sabre he had exacly the same opinion as you when we sighned Torres , He said hes not a natural goalscorer and wont score many goals

He has surprised most of SPaniards Nanny, not just me. He did have a few defenders, loyal al that, but most people who now say "I told you so" are lying. :D

To be honest, I plan to say "he's not good enough, you can quote me on that" on every signing we make, because it seems to be working :D

I have a question about Aldo for the older people. When he played in San Sebastian (he was a legend here aswell), one day, after a Madrid match we were expecting the Real Madrid players to throw stones against their bus (this things do not happen any more, but it did happen back then).

Thing is, that I saw Chendo, a former Madrid player, with a big bruise in the neck. But it was huge. According to an older man it was Aldo that bite Chendo in a corner :D. Since I was a lad, I believed it... I just wonder, do you think that back in the eighties and before the kind of contact there was in the areas was a lot more nastier? or is it a lmyth?

Aldo came here and he became my hero. I started to love Liverpool (I already fancied Liverpool) because of him. He broke a tradition of 40 years without foreign player, and he ended up the debate in 30 minutes, the minutes that took his first goal. I remember his debut against Burgos. His first play was an innocent walk as if he was going back with no pressing. Suddenly he turned back, and started to press just when the defender thought it was safe to pass the ball, he stole the ball and put himself on front of the keeper. That was the first of many. He triumphed in the league where Cunningham or Hugues failed. Only Lineker and at some extent Archibald had done something decent in Spain.

Aldo, legend. Sorry for the rant about San Sebastian, but for me, this is my weak spot. Much more favourite than Alonso. I just wanted you to know he was a legend everywhere
:nod
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Aldo Legend :bowdown

'out you go Wenger'  'ave that'  :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Sabs if that lad had a bruise that big then believe it Aldo done it. Nasty lads from Garston lol he was most prob hungry

When was it and ill find out for you if it was true from my friend . You know who im talking about
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sabs if that lad had a bruise that big then believe it Aldo done it. Nasty lads from Garston lol he was most prob hungry

When was it and ill find out for you if it was true from my friend . You know who im talking about

Aldo played two seasons in 1989 and 1990 Nanny. He played againt Butragueño, Michel for sure  :;): I'd love if you asked those players what they remember about the visits to Atotxa and you reported me back. If they tell you what was like Aldo in the pitch, even the better. I'll owe you a big one Nanny !!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Sabre wrote:[ I'll owe you a big one Nanny !!

And shame on you thus far Nanny is very dissopointed Sabre  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion