Title challengers 2007/2008 - Our title rivals

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Hotrod » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Seeing as we all have been talkin about Liverpool's challenge for the title I thought a topic on the other 4 teams which will challenge for the big prize is apppropriate

Manchester Uinted (or scum as we call them)
United had a great season last year, and it won't take a a rocket scientist to reilse their gonna be right up there again. Ronaldo had a great year last year as we all know s expect him to start where he left off last year. Hargreves, Nani and Anderson and possibly Tevez are the major additions to Utds squad over the summer. All usefull player, it must be said I personally cnt see (unless they change their formation) how they will fit Scholes, Carrick, Hardgreves and Anderson in 2 midfeild slots. Not the we can really talk. Tevez is another player who will improve them dramtically expect alot more goals from Utds strikerforce if he does sign. We all know the play good footballa nd use their widemen to deady effect. They will definatly be up there this season if they stay clear of injureies

Chelsea (Chelski)
Chelsea's weaknesses were exploted badly last year. Every team woudl suffer with its best defender and captain out but Cheslea were appauling in those few weeks Terry was out. They have brought in cover but there arent really alot of fighters in that Chelsea team. Mourhino has tried to address this by bringing in Sidewell who is a good player but has no chance of dispelling Essien barring injury. PIzarro and Ben Haim join Muluda. All the signs coming out of the blues camp is their reveting to their Winger formation of 2 years ago, this sytem compliemtns attackign player well even gives Lampard less work to do if thats possible, chelsea are still a little weak on the right side of defense unless Alves comes in. This is a big year for Chelsea if it doesnt go so well Mouhino is under alot of pressure and people were saying he gonna be gone end of season coz of the split with roman. Taking that aside Chelsea are gonna be atop team this year much better than last now that their not carrying adriy Schevchenko or Michael Ballack in the team team

Arsenal
We all know they have a good young side. But form their crop of reseve palyer i expect noonly 3 or maybe 4 to make the step up to the first team. I no this is off topic but i think there AMAZING youngsters are overrated.Arsenal have lost their top stiker Henry, I dont care how old or injury prone he is. Henry is the best striker inthe world and u dont sell ur best players i mena maybe im wrong but it wont make them a better team and even with the new boys i cnt see scoring to many goals with none of there stikers capable of carryin henrys burden. Fabregas and Gilerto are very gd players who will have huge respnisibilty on them to leas arsenals young inexperianced midfield. In defense they will struggle without solid fullbacks and a dodgy paring of tourse and galleas they will ship goals again. Wengers future is uncertain and that may also have a n effect

Anyone got anything else to add
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby neil » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:56 pm

chelsea missed gallas last year, not only is he a good player but essien was lost from midfield to play in central defence. I think this year is the start of just the top3, Arsenal will drop some way off the pace for a few seasons to come.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:47 pm

Agreeing with neil. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt finish 4th theyve lost henry and have brought in eduardo. Eduardo i dont think will cut it in the premiership. So they will miss henrys goals.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion