Drogba 25 million? - Cisse in action...........the real deal!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maximus » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:48 pm

Check out the link:

Cannot wait to see this guy in the red jersey of LFC

Cisse
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby charwell » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:07 pm

First I have seen of him, thanks very much for the clip - certainly got my juices flowing! He looked quick, good in the air and took a good pen to! Roll on the new season  :p
charwell

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:46 am

I haven't seen much of him but I will download the link when I am connected to a LAN with high speed internet link later. I hope he is as good as what you all say, for our sakes. The only thing is that he iw Houllier's signing and we know this guy's tendency to pay a bit over the odds for players who are not quite the finished article.

As for Drogba, I know Chelski paid way over the odds for him and have this feeling that Kezman may be their lead striker, as he has been banging a lot of goals at PSV in the Dutch league, which has some of the physical attributes of the EPL compared to France, if he were employed correctly. He cost only 5 million - did we miss out on a great bargain on Kezman?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:59 am

nice music with that link :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:22 am

I saw the video clip.

He is good in the air and is a good finisher. He needs good service, something Liverpool's midfielders did not produce much of for the strikers over the past 2 seasons. He can deliver, but a lot depends on the quality of the service.

Anoter concern is that in the clip, the French defenders were poor markers, and there is hardly any challenges on Cisse worthy of any of the EPL defenders (except the penalty). I hope he can cope with th4e rough and tumble as will be dished out by the EPL's defensive opposition by the bucketloads (most of this physical approach is part and parcel of the game).
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:22 am

Thx a lot.

Being critical I would say an awful lot of close  in stuff ,
Where are the shots? I didn't see much of him running at the defense.He also seems a bit one footed.

He didn't miss any though, did he?
:D
Still good to watch :)
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion