How far away are we? - From a title winning squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:08 pm

It's a tough one this. I've not been around here for far too long but I've just had a quick read through the thread and can see quite clearly why Stu got barred but equally can see why he feels hard done by. Ultimately I guess it all boils down to who is on the end of abusive attacks and how they react to it. Personally it wouldn't bother me one iota if someone called me anything at all on an internet forum and therefore would never call for the banning of fellow supporters for it. If however a poster does take offence to percieved abuse, he is fully entitled to bring it to the notice of a mod, who is then pretty much duty bound to ask for some calming down from the perpertrator. If that person (in this case Stu) flatly refuses to listen to reason then clearly he runs the risk of putting the mod in the position where he feels he has no choice but to ban him. This is what I suspect has happened here.

There seems to me to be two possible solutions. Either, 1) Stu remains banned and everybody forgets about it or 2) He offers a full apology to the people concerned and if they subsequently agree to accept it, he is allowed back in.
I think it is entirely the right way that those who felt offended should have the final say.

As an aside, I would ask people to consider that if they wish to rip into people and dish out abuse they have frequent opportunities on here to legitimately do so when we get our weekly visits from Everton/Man U supporters. Perhaps if people fell out with the real time wasters, spammers and bullsh!te merchants and tried their best to at least be civil to fellow Liverpool supporters, the forum would be a better place.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:24 pm

Which is exactly why he needs better players around him. Wigan away, watch that game mate. We won 4-0 they gave man of the match to Bellamy. Gerrard was simply immense. Best player on the pitch by a mile in the first half, second half he was quality aswell.

This season had Kewell been fit a front six of Bellamy, Fowler, Kewell, Gerrard, Alonso, Pennant I feel would have made us a very very strong side.

Fowler's been criminally underused and Kewell's not been fit. Hence the reason I feel we've gone backwards alot this season. Kuyt certainly has weakened the side and for all his fantastic work rate and attitude the goals and lack of ability to consitently hold the ball up especially from arial balls have cost us big time

You know I dont agree with you about Pennant Stu, but I've just read back a few pages before hand and funnily enough I agree 100% with you about Gerrard. And here in the last paragraph I think you've hit the nail on the head with Kuyt. Thats my own personal opinion on Kuyt too, I started a thread a while back " Kuyt the workhorse but is he anything else?" I had the feeling back then I'd get absolutely slaughtered as I know most Liverpool fans have taken to him, largely because of his attitude. But I personally dont believe his game has offered us any extra kind of attacking dimension to our play.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby noseybonk » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:57 pm

lord of the flies :D
noseybonk

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:29 pm

The mad thing with Kuyt is we were expecting 20 odd goal a season striker and we get one who is going to be nowhere near that expectation this year. I've asked this before... is it because he's playing too deep? How did he score all those goals for feyenoord? Was he more of an out and out striker there? It's like hes used as a forward here.

Answers anybody! ????
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:34 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:The mad thing with Kuyt is we were expecting 20 odd goal a season striker and we get one who is going to be nowhere near that expectation this year. I've asked this before... is it because he's playing too deep? How did he score all those goals for feyenoord? Was he more of an out and out striker there? It's like hes used as a forward here.

Answers anybody! ????

A weaker league where, I presume, he spent much more time in the box than he does for us.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:20 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:The mad thing with Kuyt is we were expecting 20 odd goal a season striker and we get one who is going to be nowhere near that expectation this year. I've asked this before... is it because he's playing too deep? How did he score all those goals for feyenoord? Was he more of an out and out striker there? It's like hes used as a forward here.

Answers anybody! ????

Its not even the fact he hasnt scored shed loads of goals for us. He hardly carries a goal threat atall, which is just as worrying. Whether it be Rafa's plans or Kuyts game, for me its not work effectively.

We're all whinging and whining we have no flair and creativity, IMO Kuyts position would be much better filled with guile, flair and creativity. Not just hard work, because thats all I can really see him offering us at the moment. But be honest with yourself people should he constantly start every game just because he gives a 110% in when what is really needed is totally the opposite style in player.
66-1112520797

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:58 am

Bad Bob wrote:

Answers anybody! ????

A weaker league where, I presume, he spent much more time in the box than he does for us.

I will say that is true, but the dutch league is no pushover. I think it is the case of having Gerrard played back in the middle. While having him on the wing is good as shown last season, but it comprimises other areas alot more than benefits them.

I think as other people have said, Sissoko should be dropped to the bench. He gives no offence presence, which results kuyt having to drop back constantly to gather the ball. This leaves the box open and desolate, with no creativity from the wings to drive in and make something out of it.

If we had Gerrard driving forward, with Alonso making the passes. I think Kuyt would stay in the box, and effectively become a better striker than what he has shown so far. This won't solve the problem of our team. I think we need to cut our losses in Kewell and go out and buy two good solid wingers. Kewell is a great player, but he is more of a liability than anything else. We need an infusion of creativity coming in from the wings. Which one thing that has hurt us is the lost of Garcia. He fraustrates all of us, but it would give us a better option than what we have now.

The team needs someone better to partner Kuyt, I'm not sure that Bellamy is doing the job. But he has to run to the flanks and collect the ball, which really doesn't help our ability to score.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:00 am

The team needs someone better to partner Kuyt, I'm not sure that Bellamy is doing the job. But he has to run to the flanks and collect the ball, which really doesn't help our ability to score

I'd actually say the opposite, Bellamy could do with a partner who's playing in tandem with him. As Kuyts so deep just battling away its Bellamy in my eyes who could do with support. He isnt the best finisher in the world we all know, but he's pacey, direct and works his socks off just as much as Kuyt but further upfield.
66-1112520797

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:41 am

The crazy thing is when we finished 3rd and all that and got a high points total didn't cisse score like 20 odd goals in all competitions? I know his touch is awful and he doesnt drop back and can be lazy, but he scores goals. I loved the way he would just be like 'I'll take you all one' and just run at the goal whenever he had the ball. He may lose it from time to time but I would love to see the stats on how many 'second balls' we won that season due to Cisse's style.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:22 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:The crazy thing is when we finished 3rd and all that and got a high points total didn't cisse score like 20 odd goals in all competitions? I know his touch is awful and he doesnt drop back and can be lazy, but he scores goals. I loved the way he would just be like 'I'll take you all one' and just run at the goal whenever he had the ball. He may lose it from time to time but I would love to see the stats on how many 'second balls' we won that season due to Cisse's style.

Its pathetic that that Bellamy, Kuyt or Crouch have not got as many as Cisse did last year.  Cisse wasnt even played as a striker most games yet scored more goals. There is no excuses for the poor return.
puroresu

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:29 pm

I also think that selling 'gerd' was stupid. Again, as I mentioned in another topic. He always looked like scoring if he had a shot.

Mellor, Fowler (2 finishers) Cisse, Bellamy (pacey strike partners)

You feeling me!? :D
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:35 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:I also think that selling 'gerd' was stupid. Again, as I mentioned in another topic. He always looked like scoring if he had a shot.

Mellor, Fowler (2 finishers) Cisse, Bellamy (pacey strike partners)

You feeling me!? :D

Not in the slightest, lad.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:43 pm

I deserved that!!!!hahahahah :D
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:33 pm

Cisse is gone forget about him. What we need is four new attacking players who are gonna attack defences with pace and creativerty from the wings. I honestly think we should sell Crouch,Bellamy,Kuyt,Garcia, And use the money from them to buy the class of player we need to win the prem

Reina
  D Alves            jamie C                    D Agger                      Jhon a rise

Joaquen             Alonso                    S Gerrard                H Kewell

Tevez           Villa/Eto

Ya i no easy said than done     :D :D :D
grayghost

Postby club_Levis » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:53 pm

grayghost wrote:Cisse is gone forget about him. What we need is four new attacking players who are gonna attack defences with pace and creativerty from the wings. I honestly think we should sell Crouch,Bellamy,Kuyt,Garcia, And use the money from them to buy the class of player we need to win the prem

Reina
  D Alves            jamie C                    D Agger                      Jhon a rise

Joaquen             Alonso                    S Gerrard                H Kewell

Tevez           Villa/Eto

Ya i no easy said than done     :D :D :D

I dont see Kewell ever returning to be a world class player he used to be.From your team, Id release him and bring in Ricardo Quaresma.I am also not sure about Riise as a left.Ps Villa & Quaresma continued with their class acts over the weekend.Get these players Rafa!!!
club_Levis

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion