Soccer a.m. - Discuss

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby GerrardisKing » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:44 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:i'm sorry but i think if soccer am didnt have lovejoy it just wouldn't be the same!
i couldn't imagine anyone else taking over lovejoys place!
favourite parts of the show would be 3rd eyes, showboats, crossbar challenge, and tubes question! (That guys hilarious!)

here here
GerrardisKing

Postby maximus » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:08 pm

I must say I luv soccer am.

I thought the crossbar challenge was difficult until someone posted this clp on this site a while ago!!

Crossbar Challenge - Ronaldino style  :bowdown

Feckin Genius  - just does not look possible
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:35 am

That because it is not, its a fake
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:26 pm

:bump
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:00 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I haven't watched the show for about five or six weeks, through either staying out on Friday nights not coming home and not being near a television, hungover due to Christmas etc.... or just getting up early and going out.

I still like it, it's one of my favourite shows (even though I don't watch much TV at all) and I'd have to agree that Tim Lovejoy is a Chelsea supporting cock but he can make me laugh sometimes.

Favourite bits are Stan Hibbert, Barry Proudfoot, the wrestlers actually make me howl even though it's so annoying to hear dickheads at Anfield shouting their chant, obviously all the little bits where one of the players will get asked questions about the rest of the squad, extras from Platoon, the three fellas who get dressed up every week, the Crossbar Challenge and Showboat......

.....finally the Soccerette.  Top programme, just ignore Lovejoy, feel sorry for him if you must, he supports Chelsea.

And I don't find Chamberlain attractive one bit.  I never really have done neither.  She just doesn't do it for me.

I've changed my opinion wholeheartedly.  What a difference a year makes.  I fucking detest this show with a passion these days. 

What I once laughed at, I've come to hate.  The wrestlers, Stan Hibbert, Barry Proudfoot, the Soccerettes...

It's not the Soccerettes I'm mad at, it's the "It'll Never Last" shout and Lovejoy's stupid jokes, the fucking catwalking and Mr. Fucking Bigstuff (now in an annoying ringtone everywhere you go followed by the words "D'you watch Soccer AM?" as if I'm meant to laugh and be impressed?) with a token fat prick from the fans next to a gorgeous bird doing the catwalk because if the pantomime clown Lovejoy laughs at it, then it must be funny mustn't it?

They can all go and fuck themselves away from my TV screen.

I'm serious, the turnaround is epic, I really can't watch this show anymore. 

The ONLY good thing it has got going for it is the fact that it plays some good songs when it's showing the week's goals, but you can get that if you listen to Radio 1.  That's about as complimentary as I'm getting about this show.

Glad to see I still thought Chamberlain was still a boot a year ago.  I knew I wouldn't change my opinion on that.  She's a weird faced dog.

The show is a three hour bag of wank.  It was better years ago when it was actually about footy, when Russ Williams presented it.

Bring back Saint & Greavsie.
jonnymac1979

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:30 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I haven't watched the show for about five or six weeks, through either staying out on Friday nights not coming home and not being near a television, hungover due to Christmas etc.... or just getting up early and going out.

I still like it, it's one of my favourite shows (even though I don't watch much TV at all) and I'd have to agree that Tim Lovejoy is a Chelsea supporting cock but he can make me laugh sometimes.

Favourite bits are Stan Hibbert, Barry Proudfoot, the wrestlers actually make me howl even though it's so annoying to hear dickheads at Anfield shouting their chant, obviously all the little bits where one of the players will get asked questions about the rest of the squad, extras from Platoon, the three fellas who get dressed up every week, the Crossbar Challenge and Showboat......

.....finally the Soccerette.  Top programme, just ignore Lovejoy, feel sorry for him if you must, he supports Chelsea.

And I don't find Chamberlain attractive one bit.  I never really have done neither.  She just doesn't do it for me.

I've changed my opinion wholeheartedly.  What a difference a year makes.  I fucking detest this show with a passion these days. 

What I once laughed at, I've come to hate.  The wrestlers, Stan Hibbert, Barry Proudfoot, the Soccerettes...

It's not the Soccerettes I'm mad at, it's the "It'll Never Last" shout and Lovejoy's stupid jokes, the fucking catwalking and Mr. Fucking Bigstuff (now in an annoying ringtone everywhere you go followed by the words "D'you watch Soccer AM?" as if I'm meant to laugh and be impressed?) with a token fat prick from the fans next to a gorgeous bird doing the catwalk because if the pantomime clown Lovejoy laughs at it, then it must be funny mustn't it?

They can all go and fuck themselves away from my TV screen.

I'm serious, the turnaround is epic, I really can't watch this show anymore. 

The ONLY good thing it has got going for it is the fact that it plays some good songs when it's showing the week's goals, but you can get that if you listen to Radio 1.  That's about as complimentary as I'm getting about this show.

Glad to see I still thought Chamberlain was still a boot a year ago.  I knew I wouldn't change my opinion on that.  She's a weird faced dog.

The show is a three hour bag of wank.  It was better years ago when it was actually about footy, when Russ Williams presented it.

Bring back Saint & Greavsie.

Gotta agree Johnny, the whole show needs to be binned or needs a total revamp, the jokes are old, the characters are old and the f ucking presenters are old.

Sometimes it is painful to watch, they laugh at everything and you are at home thinking is this supposed to be funny?

It needs sorted out, for all there money and special FX sky still cant compete with the BBC who in a word keep it SIMPLE

It works!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Bring back Saint & Greavsie.

:buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:46 pm

Dundalk wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:Bring back Saint & Greavsie.

:buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

I might have dreamt it but I'm sure I read somewhere that they are coming back you know, to do some kind of Saint & Greavsie show.
jonnymac1979

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:51 pm

What age are they now?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:53 pm

Don't know, but I've just read on some other website that one week, Greavsie was hungover and the producers replaced Greavsie with his Spitting Image puppet and nobody noticed!!

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:57 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Don't know, but I've just read on some other website that one week, Greavsie was hungover and the producers replaced Greavsie with his Spitting Image puppet and nobody noticed!!

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

:D

Get them back they got to be better then Andy 'muppet' Gray and Richard 'ill lick your balls Andy' Keys
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:36 am

lovejoy is a pissflap, helen chamberlain looks old and rough as a dog's @rse

no ta
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:57 am

I like it, very funny.

Better than watching those cooking shows on ITV and BBC1 on Saturday mornings.

It was better in the old days. "Going Live" and "Live and Kickin'

Good stuff.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:41 am

Woollyback wrote:lovejoy is a pissflap, helen chamberlain looks old and rough as a dog's @rse

no ta

She would still get the good news. :eyebrow
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum