Soccer a.m. - Discuss

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby drummerphil » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:01 am

one or two might enjoy these.........
soccer am

enjoy  :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:15 am

i DONT LIKE IT ANYMORE. Having said that, I would definately nob Helen.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:06 am

Thanks drummerphil for the link some good and funny stuff on there
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:52 pm

drummerphil wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Can I suggest th reason why it is recently pis.sing you off?

Chelsea's success recently.

Discuss.

fair point Leon,and dosnt Lovejoy make sure you know it.I also feel that too many  Chelsea things feature anyway......lovejoy speaks to terry.......terry v terry etc etc (who gives a :censored:).Also his guests are from bands you have never herd of and you can guarantee one of them supports Chelsea.

Thats cus its fashionable to support them right now.

two years ago they all supported Man United
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:56 pm

its been many years since i watched soccer am, does that nit tim lovejoy still grace its walls?? :angry:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:47 pm

Am i right in thinking that lovemeself (sorry lovejoy) wasn't the original presenter wayback when it started. I can't remember him being on it in the very early shows when they first had the CAT but i don't know who it was. Can anyone else remember or have any suggestions of where to find out on the net as i've googled it and can't find anything (then again maybe it was lovejoy and he wasn't so far up his own arse back then that you could actually stand him! :D  )
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:04 pm

I really used to like Soccer AM but now I think it's a completely dull. It's the same jokes every week and you're right, Lovejoy is very, very annoying. To me it's a 1 hour show that's just been stretched out to 3. They should get rid of the rubbish guests (2nd division strikers with W*nk townie mullets and ex-pros with personality by-passes) and just keep the best bits - the goals, showboat, 3rd eye, crossbar challenge...

To make it more entertaining they should also make Lovejoy walk blindfolded across a room of upturned plugs (bare footed) everytime he mentions - 1. Chelsea or 2. How good he is at anything. That'll teach the :censored: :)
inglis5

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:53 pm

I think its Sh|t.  Lovejoy is not funny, Helen is a scruffy cow, trying to be a laddet.  Jokes are not funny. Sketchers are even worse.  The only good bits are the footy bits like Showboating and all the goals and the interviews with all the players. 

Its a good 30 min show stretched out to 3 hours!

DISCUSS!!!!!!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:24 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Am i right in thinking that lovemeself (sorry lovejoy) wasn't the original presenter wayback when it started. I can't remember him being on it in the very early shows when they first had the CAT but i don't know who it was. Can anyone else remember or have any suggestions of where to find out on the net as i've googled it and can't find anything (then again maybe it was lovejoy and he wasn't so far up his own arse back then that you could actually stand him! :D  )

Was it Russ somebody?  Russ Williams rings a bell, but I'm not 100%.
jonnymac1979

Postby drummerphil » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:08 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:Am i right in thinking that lovemeself (sorry lovejoy) wasn't the original presenter wayback when it started. I can't remember him being on it in the very early shows when they first had the CAT but i don't know who it was. Can anyone else remember or have any suggestions of where to find out on the net as i've googled it and can't find anything (then again maybe it was lovejoy and he wasn't so far up his own arse back then that you could actually stand him! :D  )

Was it Russ somebody?  Russ Williams rings a bell, but I'm not 100%.

spot on john he did it for about 4 years and i also remember Gary Stevens ex tottenham doing it too.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:13 pm

knew i was right..............normally am  :laugh:

history of soccer am
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Well in jonny and Phil (two fountains of knowlegde most of it probably useless  :laugh:  :laugh: ).
I think it is really starting to get tired now as it's the same format and jokes every week and year after year. I think it'd probably benefit from losing lovejoy (DEFFO and maybe even hells bells (if they can find another hottie with as good a knowledge of footie and sense of humour!) and bringing in some new people. The blame (if there is any) for it getting repetative has to be put at lovejoy's door 'cos if you've seen his SKY 1 show it's exactly the same but instead of sketches it's got live music so he's only a one trick pony and it's no wonder the Big Breakfast went tits up. (Lovejoy was a producer on that if you haven't looked at the link that Phil posted).
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:09 pm

Yep i seem to remember seeing this russ williams guy on it.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:37 pm

didn't have access to sky for many years and only stumbled across it in the last couple of years and although I do find it vaguely entertaining when it is my turn to get up with the kids on a saturday morning, it's basically a show made by morons for morons.

The humour is so old, obvious and cliched it is unbelievable and plays to the type of supporter whom I often find myself despising at a ground. I am not a big fan of group chanting, or stupid songs or any of the other mundane passtimes that seem to make going to the footie for a lot of people so enjoyable. I just don't get it.

I can't believe that there are girls willing to go on there week in week out dressed in nothing just to keep the boys happy and I can't believe that female presenter sits back and doesn't have issues with it.

It's a poor mans Fantasy Football isn't it and I only really get enthused about the penalty taking competition (especially whent he ex-pros and celebs get involved) and the crossbar challenge.

I thought it was just me with the fake laugh. Smug b@st@rd he is. Chelsea winning or not
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:42 pm

http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/17241/b/socceramtart.mpg
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum