Soccer a.m. - Discuss

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:42 pm

Is it just me or is this show getting really annoying? The guests every week are getting worse and a once good show is getting ruined.

Lovejoy is full of himself and Im getting sick of his fake laugh at anything anyone says, its pathetic all this grabbing his stomach as if he finds it so funny it hurts, muppet!

Helen I can take (in more ways then one) she seems to be a little more down to earth, but the whole thing is getting a bit repetative and needs a re think  :veryangry

P.S. Is anyone else getting pis$ed of with this "Easy,Easy" chant at football grounds its getting a bit out of hand.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:50 pm

I really enjoy soccer am and my favourite bits have always involved the cast..i.e.  Barry and when they come through the double doors/topless weather etc.......I hate all the constant Chelsea things though and could very easily punch lovejoy.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:54 pm

I used to get up on a saturday morning to watch it but now i just catch the best bits on monday night, you still get all your favorites but it cuts a lot of the sh1t out
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:56 pm

Can I suggest th reason why it is recently pis.sing you off?

Chelsea's success recently.

Discuss.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:01 pm

I haven't watched the show for about five or six weeks, through either staying out on Friday nights not coming home and not being near a television, hungover due to Christmas etc.... or just getting up early and going out.

I still like it, it's one of my favourite shows (even though I don't watch much TV at all) and I'd have to agree that Tim Lovejoy is a Chelsea supporting cock but he can make me laugh sometimes.

Favourite bits are Stan Hibbert, Barry Proudfoot, the wrestlers actually make me howl even though it's so annoying to hear dickheads at Anfield shouting their chant, obviously all the little bits where one of the players will get asked questions about the rest of the squad, extras from Platoon, the three fellas who get dressed up every week, the Crossbar Challenge and Showboat......

.....finally the Soccerette.  Top programme, just ignore Lovejoy, feel sorry for him if you must, he supports Chelsea.

And I don't find Chamberlain attractive one bit.  I never really have done neither.  She just doesn't do it for me.
jonnymac1979

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:04 pm

Its a bit hard to ignore lovejoy okay sometimes he is funny but most of the times he is just a :censored:.

The guy who does the all sports show on friday nights is much better
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Can I suggest th reason why it is recently pis.sing you off?

Chelsea's success recently.

Discuss.

fair point Leon,and dosnt Lovejoy make sure you know it.I also feel that too many  Chelsea things feature anyway......lovejoy speaks to terry.......terry v terry etc etc (who gives a :censored:).Also his guests are from bands you have never herd of and you can guarantee one of them supports Chelsea.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:14 pm

now that is a roiggghhht touch ! Top show but yes it is getting a little stale. I'm starting to prefer the friday teatime show, with the " sporret hurrets" and the plays of the week. Anyone see that motorbike rider pick himself up off the deck and 'dodge-dance' between the oncoming race traffic, to the tune of michael jackson's 'beat it' on friday? top class.   :D
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:31 pm

I hate the way people put Discuss on the title of there thread on a forum, What else do you expect us to do.

And i do still like it, Its quality good guests most the time, Pinder was a soccerette the other week which was a bonus and i love the old 3rd eyes and showboating.

Nothings changed for me.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:47 pm

i'm sorry but i think if soccer am didnt have lovejoy it just wouldn't be the same!
i couldn't imagine anyone else taking over lovejoys place!
favourite parts of the show would be 3rd eyes, showboats, crossbar challenge, and tubes question! (That guys hilarious!)
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:00 pm

TBH I find that if you like this show but start to find any part of it stale and annoying avoid it for a few weeks at LEAST, i used to watch religiously years back but started to get p1ssed off with lovejoy but then early last year i started getting into it again but recently again i've been getting p1ssed off with it and lovejoy again.
For me it's not just lovejoy going on about chel$ki all the time, it's the fact that he absolutely loves himself and when anyone shows him up on the show he acts like a spoilt little brat and you can actually see him fuming about it - you just know that after the show he's gonna have a go at the person(s) that have shown him up.
The first time i got pee'd off with it was before chel$ki got their money or success but it was lovejoy again that just got right up my nose, IMO this show could go in a new direction with out lovejoy on it and him wanting everyone kissin his arse. I totally agree with you DUNDALK that Andy Goldstein who does it on a friday night is so much funnier and yet he doesn't seem to be quite as full of himself as the other fella. The shows true stars are the guys that do the sketches like BARRY, TOPLESS WEATHER, DAVID FURNISH and all of the others.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:09 pm

sheephead is a right laugh
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:42 pm

I don't much tv, especially not on a Saturday morning.

What channel is it on, Skysports?

If I tune into anything it will be Football Focus at midday, but the sight of Lawero and Gavin Peacock sprawled out on a couch like two whores in a harem is enough to make me spew if I've had a few the night before.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:42 pm

drummerphil wrote:sheephead is a right laugh

:D  I think he's the funniest one on there followed by the guys that do the two airmen sketch - thats are rite laugh !!  :D
Anyway i've got a russian website to look at so MOSCOW  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:57 pm

the other week....."i wouldnt go in there for about 5 minutes"...when he came on late after going to the toilet.....:laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum