Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:31 pm

There's always a loophole.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby destro » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:47 pm

If all the red tape can be sorted out i would like to see him arrive on loan but not for any sort of fee until we get a good look at him, like others have said i would rather we spend any money on the areas that need it and not on a player that has only played a few minutes of 7 games. it just seems strange that we are the only top club that ive heard of who are showing any interest ? apart from  juventus, who pulled out of a deal blaming "complications with the player's contract"
is it a case of his agent trying to get him to a top club to keep alive his place in the argies team. does anyone know if he just plays centre mid or can he play left or right ?
destro

Postby Paul C » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:14 pm

We had the same problems with Morientes, I'm sure the deal will go ahead if Rafa wants it.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:18 pm

I dont really see the big attraction with Mascherano...Ok granted he had a good world cup but apart from that most know little!
Its unfair to judge him at West Ham as obviously hes had little time on the pitch to prove himself!
I just feel because he's Argentinian some get carried away...Being Argentinian dors not make him Maradonna!!
I also question the need for another midfielder...if he proves to be a top player..who will we drop??

Only if its 100% a lone to season end with buying an option should we even consider it!
Anything else would be madness

Then again...when will he get enough games on the trot to prove himself???

The mind boggles!
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:08 pm

Reds begin legal battle to sign MascheranoJan 8 2007

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL have begun a legal battle to complete the transfer of Javier Mascherano.

Mascherano played for Brazilian club Corinthians after the World Cup in August 2006, just before his switch to West Ham.

West Ham have agreed to allow the 22-year-old to leave, Mascherano has agreed a move to Anfield and Liverpool want to sign him, and it's hoped FIFA will assess his case on this principle.

Lawyers will argue no-one is suffering
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:48 pm

I hope this one really comes of the man has undoubted class
and Xabi could do with either a partner or competition along with a few others
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:58 pm

Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Sissoko on the left, no fuker is getting past that four!!!  :cool: :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:44 am

Transfer news: Mascherano passes Anfield medical 

West Ham’s want-away Argentinian world cup star Javier Mascherano has undertaken and passed his medical with Liverpool Football Club.

We can exclusively reveal that the player underwent his medical last Friday morning.

We also understand personal terms have been agreed and the transfer to Liverpool now rests on the relatively complicated international football rules preventing players playing for more than 2 clubs in a season.

Juventus pulled out of the race for the player earlier citing this as the reason ‘It won’t be possible for us to sign him. We have had to end our interest in him due to his complicated contractual situation,” said Juve sporting director Alessio Secco.

Javier Mascherano has fallen out of favour at Premiership strugglers West Ham. His primary role is as a defensive central midfielder.

LINK
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:31 am

I hope we get some decent cover for the players we already have at the club, far to many look tired and jadded Mascherano would be welcome, he playes for Argentina and if he settled and done well and lived up to his promise would be worth a bomb in coming years and would take our profile up a notch or two in other countries.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:Transfer news: Mascherano passes Anfield medical 

West Ham’s want-away Argentinian world cup star Javier Mascherano has undertaken and passed his medical with Liverpool Football Club.

We can exclusively reveal that the player underwent his medical last Friday morning.

We also understand personal terms have been agreed and the transfer to Liverpool now rests on the relatively complicated international football rules preventing players playing for more than 2 clubs in a season.

Juventus pulled out of the race for the player earlier citing this as the reason ‘It won’t be possible for us to sign him. We have had to end our interest in him due to his complicated contractual situation,” said Juve sporting director Alessio Secco.

Javier Mascherano has fallen out of favour at Premiership strugglers West Ham. His primary role is as a defensive central midfielder.

LINK

Link?  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:17 am

Gosh i really hope we get this guy.....we could really use a player like him..he's class
i think he's more like a hamann type kinda player

and the mancs would be fuming cause all they got was carrick :p
Elchris

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill