Mascherano

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:47 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Apparently two players have been seen at Melwood today.  Well thats what ive been led to believe.  I personnaly have heard these type of rumors before and they have been false but todays rumors could be true.  Mescherano was defo one apparently and there was another one but hes been kept hush hush.

:oh: murph, tell us more? Any more to tell  ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:52 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Apparently two players have been seen at Melwood today.  Well thats what ive been led to believe.  I personnaly have heard these type of rumors before and they have been false but todays rumors could be true.  Mescherano was defo one apparently and there was another one but hes been kept hush hush.

murph ypu've been rumbled. you're welsh wizzard aren't you? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dward » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:46 pm

I would like to see Mascherano here but I can't see it happening, at least till the summer.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:28 pm

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/179429195?-11194

(why are my links not working?)

Mascherano hints at exit
By Peter ORourke -  Created on 31 Dec 2006

Javier Mascherano has conceded he may have to leave West Ham.

The Argentine midfielder has struggled to hold down a place in the side following his shock switch last August.

Juventus have confirmed their interest in Mascherano, while Liverpool are also thought to be monitoring his situation at Upton Park.

Mascherano has admitted he could be forced to move on for the sake of his career.

"It is normal that if I am not in the team at West Ham then I will have to leave to continue my career elsewhere," Mascherano told the People.

"At my age I cannot afford to let my career stay on hold. I came to England to succeed but I have not had the necessary opportunities to succeed."

However, Mascherano believes his fellow countryman Carlos Tevez may stay at Upton Park despite also struggling to make an impact.

"I don't think Tevez will leave because some days ago he said to everyone that for him the word 'fail' did not exist," added Mascherano
Last edited by red37 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:44 pm

The suggestion that the signing of Maschareno would be the end of Sissoko is ridiculous!! No chance Rafa would get rid of 1 of his best signings to date.....No chance at all. Only thing this guy has done wrong is get booked too much. Once he sorts that out we have potentially one of the best centre midfielders in the world.

I would welcome Maschareno as a quality signing. The pick of Alonso, Gerrard, Maschareno, Sissoko for Centre Midfield....tasty!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:37 pm

juve have stopped chasing him due to the deal with msi,   

can't see this one unless zenden is on his bike, he will never get momo's place
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The Magician » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Whats the point in signing Javier Mascherano we already have Sissoko
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:29 pm

The Magician wrote:Whats the point in signing Javier Mascherano we already have Sissoko

And? Mascherano and Sissoko are totally two different midfielders. Secondly, three central midfielders alone is not enough as this year proved that right when we had injuries and had to play Carragher in midfield.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:43 am

Benitez cleared for Argentine - if he wants himJan 3 2007

By Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

JUVENTUS have ended their interest in West Ham United's Javier Mascherano - leaving the path clear for Liverpool to move for the midfielder.

But Rafael Benitez has not yet decided whether to press ahead with his attempts to sign the £6million-rated Argentina international.

Mascherano is seeking a way out of Upton Park and has made just seven appearances, playing only six minutes in the past two months.

Representatives of the 22-year-old recently held talks with Italian outfit Juventus after being ruled out of new West Ham manager Alan Curbishley's plans, but the Serie B side have now ended negotiations.

Benitez remains keen on Mascherano but, with Bolo Zenden closing on a return to fitness and Momo Sissoko targeting a February comeback, the Spaniard will soon have ample midfield resources.

There is also the significant obstacle of whoever signs Mascherano having to request special dispensation from FIFA, with regulations preventing the midfielder from playing for another club this season after also appearing for Brazilian team Corinthians.

Mascherano signed a four-year contract with West Ham on transfer deadline day in August, but he and compatriot Carlos Tevez have failed to impress.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:17 am

Ciggy wrote:Benitez cleared for Argentine - if he wants himJan 3 2007

By Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

JUVENTUS have ended their interest in West Ham United's Javier Mascherano - leaving the path clear for Liverpool to move for the midfielder.

But Rafael Benitez has not yet decided whether to press ahead with his attempts to sign the £6million-rated Argentina international.

Mascherano is seeking a way out of Upton Park and has made just seven appearances, playing only six minutes in the past two months.

Representatives of the 22-year-old recently held talks with Italian outfit Juventus after being ruled out of new West Ham manager Alan Curbishley's plans, but the Serie B side have now ended negotiations.

Benitez remains keen on Mascherano but, with Bolo Zenden closing on a return to fitness and Momo Sissoko targeting a February comeback, the Spaniard will soon have ample midfield resources.

There is also the significant obstacle of whoever signs Mascherano having to request special dispensation from FIFA, with regulations preventing the midfielder from playing for another club this season after also appearing for Brazilian team Corinthians.

Mascherano signed a four-year contract with West Ham on transfer deadline day in August, but he and compatriot Carlos Tevez have failed to impress.

At 6 million he would be a bargain, Sissoko has been brilliant but has suffered with some bad luck with injuries and Zenden is clearly not upto it.
I would definately be up for him signing if it was at that price.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:57 pm

Where would he fit into our 1st team? I'd be more than happy to have him but certainly not at the expense of either Xabi or Stevie in the middle.....
I like momo but I disagree with with Rafa in putting him in the centre in lieu of Stevie..... If we get him, would be a case of too many cooks?
ConnO'var

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:20 pm

the lads practically gagging to get out of Upton park...the real obstacle is the organisation that hold his 'interests' at hand. They will call the shots here i suspect. (FWIW id take him in a flash...never mind Sissoko/Zenden. Cos surely the latter will be 'persona non grata' before too long. Mascherano is what, 22/23?  For the right wedge and considering his Age/international status - it'd be both rude AND foolish not to.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:10 pm

red37 wrote:the lads practically gagging to get out of Upton park...the real obstacle is the organisation that hold his 'interests' at hand. They will call the shots here i suspect. (FWIW id take him in a flash...never mind Sissoko/Zenden. Cos surely the latter will be 'persona non grata' before too long. Mascherano is what, 22/23?  For the right wedge and considering his Age/international status - it'd be both rude AND foolish not to.

I reckon you're right with Zenden..... he'll be out of here as soon as Rafa can get a buyer for him.... But Mascherano is already a full on Argie international..... will he be content if he's 3rd choice in central midifield? Or will we ship Stevie out wide again..... Or is that age old discussion we've put up on the possibilities of a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 formation gonna raise it's head yet again...

We do need a quality defensive central mid as cover for Xabi..... I'm just concerned with the potential effect on team harmony if we can't fit all 3 in the 1st team..... The lad's class and any team would be lucky to have him... but can we shoehorn all 3 into our engine room and still be effective (with our deficiencies down the wings/wingbacks) WHILE keeping everyone happy....

It's a big ask.... worth the risk? I'd agree with you that the answer is a resounding "YES". Quality is not so common nowadays that we can afford to turn a blind eye when opportunity knocks........

We just need to do this with eyes wide open and be prepared for the potential risks and problems that we may face as a result....
ConnO'var

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:21 pm

Would be a cracking signing, and woudl give us serious quality in central midfield - Momo, Xabi, Gerrard and Mascherano, wow.

He's excellent in possession, great movement, excellent passer of a ball. His technical ability is top notch, himslef and Xabi coudl probably keep the ball for 90 mins without the other team getting a touch!    :D

Anyone who saw all Argentina's games in the WC will know how good this guy is, and as AB said why he isnt getting a game at West ham is very perplexing. At 6 million I say get the deal done!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:38 pm

Ok how does this lot grab you: (bearing in mind the game in question)

MASCHERANO   ALONSO
GERRARD                                         KEWELL 

:bowdown  for my money.

(of course it isnt an ideal world we live in - but you have to concede, that is one FINE collection of talent!)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill