Great news for kuyt - And an insight into training

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:03 am

EXCLUSIVE: FLYING HIGH
By Bill Mills

DIRK KUYT will go flying into the New Year after being told his father is making a miraculous recovery from stomach cancer.

The Liverpool striker was told a few months ago that his father Dirk Snr might have only a few months to live.

Kuyt even wanted to stay in Holland and cancel his transfer to the Premiership. But his father told him to go and surgeons then decided to carry out a major operation on him.

Kuyt Snr said last night: "I had part of my stomach and my entire oesophagus removed.

"Doctors have now told me I may have a chance to survive the cancer.

"They said the operation was massively successful. On January 9 I will hear if I am clear."

Kuyt Snr says he has never seen his son happier than he is at Liverpool - and now the Holland striker will get another boost from his dad's amazing recovery.

Kuyt Jnr confirms he is so happy at Liverpool that he never wants to play for another European club.

He said: "If AC Milan or Real Madrid had offered me a big contract, I would have still preferred to go to Liverpool.

"This club suits me so much. I love the city, I love the club and I love the fans. For the last two or three years there were clubs from all over Europe knocking on the door. I was not interested in any of them.

"Every time I said I only wanted to move to one or two clubs in England.

"I wanted a club where the players and the fans have the same passion as I have.'' Kuyt also believes Rafael Benitez will get it right - and gave a revealing insight into the Anfield manager's training methods. Kuyt said: "He is the most intense manager and the biggest perfectionist I have ever worked with. I have entered an entire new world at Liverpool. Training and working with Benitez [below] is almost a whole new way of life.

"This manager is working seven days a week on the physical aspect of his players. Every day we train with heart rate monitors. Every player has to keep a log book with all the results.

"That way the manager can keep an eye on our physical progress.

"In other countries players do everything together in training. Here, at Liverpool, you mainly work on your own. If you, as an individual, do well you will make the team better. That is the philosophy of Benitez.

"When I was at Feyenoord in Holland I used to bring fried fish on a Friday and the players used to fry eggs for breakfast before training. That is impossible at Liverpool.

"I know every club has its own style and every manager has his own ideas, but I have never seen it so professional and extreme as here.

"I know he rotates players, but if you play really well he will always keep you in the team.

"Look at Steven Gerrard. He is the man at Liverpool and will always be in the team. So I know that, if I do well, I'll be in the side 9 out of 10 times."

SENEGAL international Pape Malick Ba has sent Arsenal and Liverpool a plea to "come and get me".

Midfielder Ba plays for Swiss club Basle under former Spurs coach Christian Gross.

They paid Tunisian side CS Sfaxien £1.2m for him last year.

The 26-year-old said: "I want to play for Arsenal or Liverpool, and I have the ability needed to play for these clubs. My bosses here see me as a 'Claude Makelele'."
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:24 am

Lucky for him!! I lost my granda ,a good friend and my best mates mother to that evil in 2006...and Drummerphil!

Guess im at that age!

Good luck Mr Kuyt....chin up! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby Sarge » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:26 am

good news..

hopefully kuyt jnr will bang a couple of goals tonight.

for you dada!!
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:50 pm

s@int wrote:SENEGAL international Pape Malick Ba has sent Arsenal and Liverpool a plea to "come and get me".
The 26-year-old said: "I want to play for Arsenal or Liverpool, and I have the ability needed to play for these clubs. My bosses here see me as a 'Claude Makelele'."

Bl**dy Hell.....! this kids modest ain't he?
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:18 pm

Some interesting comments from Kuyt there Saint, regarding training...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:13 pm

good to see him score today... all the best old dirk
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:02 pm

Fantasic news, for such a fantastic guy.

All the best for his family
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 pm

great guy, great player i hope all the best for his dad and good to hear his passion for liverpool!
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:48 am

Best of luck to Kuyt's dad.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby richj.lfc » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:02 pm

Best wishes to Kuyts father and to Kuyt
richj.lfc

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion