C'mon norn irn - We fear no ...erm player!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:25 am

I think a lot has been made about Xabi's poor start, but he was exactly the same last season, and the season before.

He is not a natural athelete, and it takes him time to get up to speed with the rest of the lads.

Stop worrying - he will be back to his World-beating best soon enough.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:27 am

Actually on the topic - magnificent result for N. Ireland.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:11 am

I think a lot has been made about Xabi's poor start, but he was exactly the same last season, and the season before.

He is not a natural athelete, and it takes him time to get up to speed with the rest of the lads.

True Lando. And I'll add that he's a football player, and he'll have a couple or three of bad games. Just as who said Crouch wasn't a striker when he had a drought last season were  wrong, the ones that think Xabi forgot about playing football are wrong. But I do not want to insist on this, we'll see. LG is a god when he scores a couple of games in a row, we recover the trickster and ball waster thread when he misses a couple of passes. Oh And Rafa wanted to leave at the end of the last season because he lost a couple of games at some point, he wasn't comfortable. Then he renewed his contract. This switching of opinions about well known people for us is nothing new around here, I guess I'll have to get used to it. :(
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:06 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I think a lot has been made about Xabi's poor start, but he was exactly the same last season, and the season before.

Stop worrying - he will be back to his World-beating best soon enough.

Exactly my point.

I am truly amazed at how many people are already questioning the ability or form of our players after 3 or 4 games. The season's barely kicked off and people are questioning whether Alonso should be dropped. Absolutely crazy.

Then when Crouch scores a couple of goals against some part-timers, the praise goes overboard with people are wondering whether he's going to be snapped up by the likes of Real Madrid. It's strange to say the least.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:57 pm

Mikz wrote:Great result tonight, on my way home i was seeing scarves and flags outve car windows -i thought we mustve got a draw . I still say windsor is a hard place to come to for any team (especially glentoran)

I've  probably been to Windsor more times than I have been to the Oval lol and it can be a very scarey place, esp when theres a full house like there was last night. The Alex Russell stand holds 4000 fans and on a Big Two game this stand is always full and the North stand (for away support) holds 6800 people. When the fans sing in the Kop it reverberates all a round the gound. Just like it would at Anfield. I know its nowhere as big as Anfield but its one of the biggest grounds in NI and the atmosphere is brill.

Last nights game was fantastic. Northern Ireland played with their hearts and soul and it paid off big time. I believe Lawrie threw his jacket and tie into the stand at the end. But I have heard rumours today that hes jacking it in. Anyone else heard anything???
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm

Great result for Derry city tonight.N.I football on a bit of a roll at the moment.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum