Rafa slates the world cup - Too long

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:38 am

bloody hell oasis, the way your going on you'd think he "slammed"things in the media every day
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:12 am

Oasis wrote:...My bad, well that's rather extreme and incredibly stupid of fans to be saying "it's over". However the draw doesn't help

My Bad...... ? u a yankee ?  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:32 am

These internationals have really fecked us up so early in the season.
We have 3 very important games within a week, and will not have time to prepare for them.
Plus the new players are settling in still and the team will not be functioning properly for a good few weeks.
I know others have the same problem but really something should be sorted out to play these games in a winterbreak or in May or something.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:12 pm

Ciggy wrote:These internationals have really fecked us up so early in the season.
We have 3 very important games within a week, and will not have time to prepare for them.
Plus the new players are settling in still and the team will not be functioning properly for a good few weeks.
I know others have the same problem but really something should be sorted out to play these games in a winterbreak or in May or something.

slur alex was harping on about a winterbreak the other day in the press and i have to say that i agree with him. they do it in almost every other league in europe so why not here? people wondered why we were so sh#te in the world cup when the likes of gerrard had virtually played for 12 months solid with 3 weeks rest.

the timing of these recent internationals was nothing short of ludicrous, especially when we've got 3 massive away games coming up in the space of 8 days. some people on here have been whinging about squad rotation, but brace yourselves because you're going to see it in full flow again over the next week or so.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion