British tv at the moment

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:26 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:The US approach of having a season of about 24 weeks seems better if you can have the material which would mean the british makers should also go for the team of writers approach instead of the current 2 or 3 that they seem to use.

Team writers are not always too great. One example being the decline of The Simpsons, series 1-4 were excellent, and as the writers constantly changed the episodes lost there wittyness and just began being crazy in my opinion.

Also Malcolm in the Middle is worth a mention in good American TV.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:55 pm

anti-hero wrote:
shanks72 wrote:Read in the paper that the little dog (real name Moose!) who played Eddie has just died. He was 16 and died of old age, but he made a valuable contribution to the show.

No...  :down:

Eddie was the best sit-com dog EVER!

Dammit shanks!

Frasier comes on in about an hour or so and now it wont be as fun to watch anymore!  :angry:

I hope you're happy.

:D

-----

But in all seriousness.

Eddie.  :buttrock

Best dog on TV.

ohhh, sorry anti-hero, but perhaps you can appreciate him even more.
He really was one clever lil dog!!!

:D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:02 am

Well whatever the state of british TV i dont think anyone can deny our films are becoming bigger than the US and lets not forget the classics Only Fools and Horses and Red Dwarf, i agree at the the minute our TV at the minute sucks but we still rule when it comes to classics !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:16 am

Red Dwarf was the last good British TV show.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:11 am

spaced was class. and we have some great sketch shows, big train, that donkey one, things like that. smoking room and peep shw i liked also so for comedy i think we're ok
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:07 am

When it comes to comedy i think were the best, i think we are the only ones in the world who can sit down and laugh at ourselfs, its just a shame that now we dont come up with the creativeness were capable of in our own TV companies. Everything now is reality TV and i for one dont care for that kind of thing, come dancing, love island, big brother please shove it up your :censored: I WANT MY TV BACK !!!!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:35 am

Kharhaz wrote:When it comes to comedy i think were the best, i think we are the only ones in the world who can sit down and laugh at ourselfs, its just a shame that now we dont come up with the creativeness were capable of in our own TV companies. Everything now is reality TV and i for one dont care for that kind of thing, come dancing, love island, big brother please shove it up your :censored: I WANT MY TV BACK !!!!

I have to agree with you. There is too much reality TV on at the moment. Everyone on here knows that I'am a fan of BB, but this year it was poo. It should have been called the Pete and Nikki show........

But I think British TV in general has gone down the pan. You still have the soaps, but what else is there really. I know we have things like the Bill (which I enjoy watching), but what else. I seen a trailer for things coming on in the next couple of months, but nothing caught my eye. Gone are the days of Monty Python, Tales of the unexpected and The professionals. And its hello the Lost and 24 etc. (I'm not a fan of either, sorry) So I think I'll continue channel hoping for the rest off my life and hope I dont miss something good :laugh:
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum