Liverpool FC - possible improvements!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby sportman » Tue May 27, 2003 9:18 pm

The bottom line is this has been Liverpools worst season since 1999 even though we have improved since then and coming second last season we should have at least been fighting for the championship, not for 4th place. But to even fail that is just gutting. 

So where have they gone wrong? Lack of width?  too predictable? Poor tactics?  These are all good Questions but the truth is, even if we played like Arsenal or even Real Madrid it wouldnt necessarily guarantee us the title! 

Personally, I think it comes down to sloppiness, last year if they were a goal up you would bet your mortgage that they would at come away with a win but to be 2-0 up against Blackburn, Newcastle and Birmingham they deserve to come 5th! What about the game against Middlesborough Gareth southgate of all people and the Man U deafeat sloppiness!

If we can get of that and bring in proven quality plays not just potential like Cheyrou we definitely stand a chance.
Roll on next Season!
sportman

Postby gaz31 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:24 am

WE NEED PROVEN QUALITY MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE STEVE MCMANAMAN!
WHAT DO U THINK? :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:02 pm

we dont just need 1 player...when i think about why we dont win the premiership or the champions league i think of it in these terms...we need to match the talent of manu and arsenal all over the park and we simply dont do that in certain positions...especially out wide and up front...those sides have genuine proven talent and we have potential....if u put them against eachother who would u really pick...this is how i would place them, tell who you would rather have...(hamman, vierra or keane)
(gerrard, scholes or gilberto), (murphy, giggs or pires) (diouf, beckham or wiltord), (owen, scholjayr, or berkamp) (hesky, henry or van nistelroy)....???
and here is the problem....in that whole group i can only find 1 place for a liverpool player and that is owen....and that is why we are behind....aside from the tactics we employ, perhaps houllier realises the problems in our squad....
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:26 am

JAYPAP I WOULD DEFINATLY HAVE GERRARD NOT SCOLES OR GILBERTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:35 am

i would love to agree with u, but the fact is scholes scores more goals than gerrard and has a better disciplinary record than him...i believe gerrard can do better, can score more and be more disciplined but till he makes it happen, i would not put him in front of scholes...gerrard is still immature in my opinion and doesnt take responsibility for his position and control the game like he should...its all too rare when things arent going right that he pulls his finger out and makes a real difference...gerrard still has potential but scholes has provan himself...i hate saying it, it burns me up inside knowing gerrard can make himself great but more often than not acts like a big kid or just doesnt make a difference...scholes is not the best player in the world but he does what is asked of him...do u really believe gerrard is doing what we all know he is capable of...there is nothing worse than unfulfilled potential...
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:20 pm

YOU MAKE ME FEEL BAD MATE '
OF COURSE YOU ARE RIGHT BUT GERRARD DOES TAKE BETTER FREE KICKS AND HE SET UP 34% MORE GOALS THAN SCOLES LAST SEASON ALONE :0
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:34 am

well thats at least promising......
but when gerrard starts taking them like beckham, well thats when i'll be happy...
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:06 am

JUST FOR STATS SAKE GERRARD HAS SCORED OR HIT THE TARGET AT A RATE OF 72% .
WHERAS BECKAM COMES IN AT 67%  THAT MEANS GERRARD HAS 5% MORE CHANCE OF SCORING FROM A FREE KICK THAN BECKAM ,
I KNOW BECHAM HAS TAKEN 32 MORE FREE KICKS OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS BUT STATS ARE STATS ARENT THEY? :p
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:00 pm

is that right?
thats fairly impressive, well done to our lad...
im happy to hear that....
do u know what the actual scoring stats are...?
after all, hitting the target is one thing, but being 1-0 up is altogether another.....
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:16 am

IM SORRY TO BRING BAD NEWS BUT......................
HERE THEY ARE~(SINCE PREM STARTED) HEAD2HEAD
GOALS:GERRARD= 16
           BECKS  =  62
AVG GLS PER GAME:  SG=0.12%
                             DB=0.23%
LOST BALL TO OPPO AND OPPO SCORED:
                              SG=132
                              DB=262 TIMES
PLAYED :                  SG=134
                              DB=262
CARDS :                   SG Y20/R4
                              DB Y38/R0
SORRY JAYPAP THESE ARE THE PROPER STATS WHICH I GOT FROM PREMIERSHIP WEBSITE MY MATE GAVE ME THE OTHER STATS(DICKHEAD) HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE A RED,
FIND OUT s##t LOADS OF STATS FOR LAST 10YRS YOURSELF
ASK JEEVES FOR PREMIESHIP HE WILL TAKE U TO THE SITE ITS PRETTY GOOD .
                         CHEERS GAZ :D  :(
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:22 am

mate thanks 4 that
what can i say
i hope our lad gerrard has noticed cause i really believe he can be better...
the fact the becks has scored 4 times as many goals as our boy and only played twice as many games is disappointing...very disappointing!
our boy has to learn to keep his feet to himself too...
its one thing to be aggresive and i love that about him, but u have to stay on the park...
i cant believe becks has never been sent off in the league!
i wonder what the ration is for goals they have scored relative to freekicks taken...?/?
jaypap

Postby jkop » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:10 pm

Hello oops wrong year.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion