Guide to getting tickets to see lfc at preferably

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:51 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Dalglish wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Can anyone tell me why its so hard to get tickets on general sale say for fans outside Liverpool ?

Surley these extra few hundred fans would help to fill the stadium to capacity wouldnt it week in week out ?

There are rarely empty seats at Anfield these days.

Best way to start is to get a FAN CARD then buy ANY available tickets for less popular games such as Carling Cup, some FA Cup games and less attractive European home games as this increases your chances of gaining tickets for more attractive fixtures.

I've got a season ticket and I'm probably one of only a couple of hundred fans maybe who managed to acquire tickets for all 19 Away premiership games last season but it's taken probably about 5 years to build up that kind of  loyalty to be able to do that. The season before last we went to 11 Aways and the season before 8. Each seasons tally (On the Fan Card) increses your chances of acquiring tickets for the folowing seasons games so it's a long drawn out process but you have to start at the bottom of the ladder and make the sacrifices.

You simply cannot pick and choose your games (I appreciate this may be difficult for those who live outside of Liverpool or abroad) as LFC operate a system where by supporters who attend the majority of games get preferential treatment. Its not perfect but it's better than  having ballots as the club try to reward it's most frequent supporters.

Alternatively you can choose to be VERY NICE to me and I'll see what i can do !!  :D

Seriously I'm always happy to help fans who want to get to Anfield or away games if you give me plenty of notice and you contribute regularly to the forum.

Its a matter of trust for me as it's my season ticket and i need to be sure your not going to act like a dick at the game as i'll be held responsible ! :D

I agree, I think the problem with most non-season ticket/priority ticket scheme fans is that the games they invariably look to get tickets for are Category A League games or big cup ties

I despair I really do.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:43 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Dalglish wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Can anyone tell me why its so hard to get tickets on general sale say for fans outside Liverpool ?

Surley these extra few hundred fans would help to fill the stadium to capacity wouldnt it week in week out ?

Best way to start is to get a FAN CARD then buy ANY available tickets for less popular games such as Carling Cup, some FA Cup games and less attractive European home games as this increases your chances of gaining tickets for more attractive fixtures.

I've got a season ticket and I'm probably one of only a couple of hundred fans maybe who managed to acquire tickets for all 19 Away premiership games last season but it's taken probably about 5 years to build up that kind of  loyalty to be able to do that. The season before last we went to 11 Aways and the season before 8. Each seasons tally (On the Fan Card) increses your chances of acquiring tickets for the folowing seasons games so it's a long drawn out process but you have to start at the bottom of the ladder and make the sacrifices.

You simply cannot pick and choose your games (I appreciate this may be difficult for those who live outside of Liverpool or abroad) as LFC operate a system where by supporters who attend the majority of games get preferential treatment. Its not perfect but it's better than  having ballots as the club try to reward it's most frequent supporters.

Alternatively you can choose to be VERY NICE to me and I'll see what i can do !!  :D

Seriously I'm always happy to help fans who want to get to Anfield or away games if you give me plenty of notice and you contribute regularly to the forum.

Its a matter of trust for me as it's my season ticket and i need to be sure your not going to act like a dick at the game as i'll be held responsible ! :D

I agree, I think the problem with most non-season ticket/priority ticket scheme fans is that the games they invariably look to get tickets for are Category A League games or big cup ties

I despair I really do.

Why do you depiar Leon. Were not as prividged enough as you and other Sousers to be able to go to Anfield week in week out. I go to Anfield a few times  year but beacsue of the travelling involved and my busy job it simply cant work often.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:36 am

bavlondon wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

I despair I really do.

Why do you depiar Leon. Were not as prividged enough as you and other Sousers to be able to go to Anfield week in week out. I go to Anfield a few times  year but beacsue of the travelling involved and my busy job it simply cant work often.

This is why I despair.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:47 am

I despair as well,but only because we are unable to house more than 43,000 people.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:41 am

supersub wrote:I despair as well,but only because we are unable to house more than 43,000 people.

Thing is though, I dont see us filling 70K every other week either.

The 55,000 toi 60,000 is more than enough as far as I am concerned.

I know that there are 20K on the awiting list for seasont tickets, but I reckon that if you asked everyone to pay say £100 to be on it, and this was deducted from your first season ticket, then it would more than half. Add this to the fact that people on the list will invaribly be going to 90% of games anyway, and I dont see where we will get another 20K people from myself.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:42 pm

I think you underestimate support for Liverpool in the UK
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:43 pm

55,000 is too low a capacity......I would much prefer we aim for 65,000
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I think you underestimate support for Liverpool in the UK

I think that you over estimate it mate.

I reckon we could get 65k to 75k on the weekend with a game against Man United, but what happens to all those people for the wet and windy midweek slog against Blackburn or Fulham thats on Sky sports ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I think you underestimate support for Liverpool in the UK

I reckon we could get 65k to 75k on the weekend with a game against Man United, but what happens to all those people for the wet and windy midweek slog against Blackburn or Fulham thats on Sky sports ?

Its a risk they have to take Leon. Look at the Nou Camp for instance. Its 119,000 capacity but when I went to watch us play there there were only 73,000 in the whole stadium. Even the biggest clubs in the world dont fill the stadiums week in week out.

I remember someone on MOTD lastv season mentioning Stamford Bridge being less full the anticipated on several occasions. Although im sure their ticket prices play more heavily into that reason.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:26 am

bavlondon wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Its a risk they have to take Leon. Look at the Nou Camp for instance. Its 119,000 capacity but when I went to watch us play there there were only 73,000 in the whole stadium. Even the biggest clubs in the world dont fill the stadiums week in week out.

I remember someone on MOTD lastv season mentioning Stamford Bridge being less full the anticipated on several occasions. Although im sure their ticket prices play more heavily into that reason.

The Camp Nou is hardly on the same scale now though is it? Barca have around 60,000 season ticket holders and fill the gaff most weeks, but even if they "only get" 73,000 the place is more than paid for isn't it?

Its horrendous business sense to "take a risk" as you put it on a 75K seater stadium just incase it gets filled up. That will make no sense at all.

Make no mistake, the club will have looked into the situation with filling hte stadium. The fan card system will allow them to check people at the game against those on the waiting list, and monitor attendance and even applications for big games.

Fact of the matter is though, Wednesday night in October when its raining and the game is live on Sky will NEVER attract 75K fans to the stadium.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:15 pm

The only league games were we wouldn’t fill out a 70,000 stadium would be the midweek games that are not against Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham. How many time a season do we play clubs like Portsmouth on a midweek, 3 or 4? I think we would sell out all 70,000 or very close for every weekend game and probably every Champions League game.

I get Leons point about only moving into a stadium if you can fill it because if you cant then it doesn’t make finical sense, but I think we would fill it apart from the midweek’s against the lesser clubs.

I’m sure Parry said that we looked into an all seater 70,000 stadium but the costs were to high so we settled for 60,000, but it makes you think whether the research indicated that we could fill a 70,000 stadium?

Whatever the case, Parry and Co have made a right mess of the new stadium and questions should be asked why we have so many problems.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheerios » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:51 am

On tv =D
cheerios

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:36 am

cheerios wrote:On tv =D

:suspect:
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Previous