Guide to getting tickets to see lfc at preferably

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby luvliverpool » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:55 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:but if it's not Liverpool, it's not worth bothering with.

Loving that quote Jonnymac............and it's so true IMOA
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:43 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'd tw*t you if I saw you!!! :D

I reckon I could take you.  I saw you twice fighting that six foot chicken and he had you off.

:D
jonnymac1979

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:45 pm

Kukilon wrote:It would be nice if someone could write a guide on how to get tickets to go and see LFC at preferably Anfield but also to away games. I have heard some things about a fan card where if you went to a certain amount of games that season you where allowed tickets to more important games etc. Is it even possible without involving an agency that will charge me 500£ just so I can stay at a shitty hotel of their choosing?

Best advice is get fancards for you and your family and start applying for cup games. Early rounds of the Carling Cup & FA Cup give you a decent possiblity of going to a home game, especially if the opposition aren't premiership. Once you have a game registered on your fancard you should get priority for subsequent games, in the form of "fancard holders who have attended 1 or more games - apply on this date, all others this date..."

By going to earlier rounds of cup games you build up a priority rating. The only other option is sign up to Liverpoolfc.tv's e-season ticket. They reserve 500 or so seats and do a draw for e-season ticket holders for every league game.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PureLoneWolf » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:38 pm

The other good games that are relatively easy to get seats for are the "re-arranged" matches that end up being played on a Wednesday night due to Euro commitments etc.  Thats how we built our rating up.  Tickets tend to come available as not everyone can get to the re-arranged schedule
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:48 pm

I hate people like this, just go to the liverpooolfc.tv and look up how to apply for tickets.  Its not rocket science.   

People who say is to hard to get tickets are just lazy, if you put a bit of effort into getting tickets you could get tickets no probs for every home game. Away games are a bit harder to come accross.  Normally get them with registering on my fan card.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby PureLoneWolf » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:55 pm

And I hate people that make sweeping assumptions.  I have tried many many times to get tickets, and it isn't as easy as that.  There is a lot of luck involved in getting tickets to home matches on a weekend and especially category A ones

I am certainly not lazy and I doubt the original poster is, not as lazy as people making sweeping generalisations about someone they know nothing about

I applied many times and couldn't get tickets, I have also applied many times and could.  Who the hell are you to cast doubt on the validity of a request for help from someone that has found it difficult so far.

You don't want to help?  Fine, don't help, but don't waste our time posting self righteous drivel for the sake of your post count
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:00 pm

Can anyone tell me why its so hard to get tickets on general sale say for fans outside Liverpool ?

Surley these extra few hundred fans would help to fill the stadium to capacity wouldnt it week in week out ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:22 pm

call me on 07955 877 777 and i will etll u where to send a cheque for spare tickets. i always have some in the box available as leon will admit too as he has had the champagne lunches there before. :blues:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:27 am

bavlondon wrote:Can anyone tell me why its so hard to get tickets on general sale say for fans outside Liverpool ?

Surley these extra few hundred fans would help to fill the stadium to capacity wouldnt it week in week out ?

There are rarely empty seats at Anfield these days.

Best way to start is to get a FAN CARD then buy ANY available tickets for less popular games such as Carling Cup, some FA Cup games and less attractive European home games as this increases your chances of gaining tickets for more attractive fixtures.

I've got a season ticket and I'm probably one of only a couple of hundred fans maybe who managed to acquire tickets for all 19 Away premiership games last season but it's taken probably about 5 years to build up that kind of  loyalty to be able to do that. The season before last we went to 11 Aways and the season before 8. Each seasons tally (On the Fan Card) increses your chances of acquiring tickets for the folowing seasons games so it's a long drawn out process but you have to start at the bottom of the ladder and make the sacrifices.

You simply cannot pick and choose your games (I appreciate this may be difficult for those who live outside of Liverpool or abroad) as LFC operate a system where by supporters who attend the majority of games get preferential treatment. Its not perfect but it's better than  having ballots as the club try to reward it's most frequent supporters.

Alternatively you can choose to be VERY NICE to me and I'll see what i can do !!  :D

Seriously I'm always happy to help fans who want to get to Anfield or away games if you give me plenty of notice and you contribute regularly to the forum.

Its a matter of trust for me as it's my season ticket and i need to be sure your not going to act like a dick at the game as i'll be held responsible ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:32 am

Ok so first priority for me is getting myself a fan card. Thanks for answering.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:46 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I'd tw*t you if I saw you!!! :D

I reckon I could take you.  I saw you twice fighting that six foot chicken and he had you off.

:D

:wwww  :wwww  :wwww

He was a Bernard Matthew's, though!!!

Tough as old boots!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:07 am

Dalglish wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Can anyone tell me why its so hard to get tickets on general sale say for fans outside Liverpool ?

Best way to start is to get a FAN CARD then buy ANY available tickets for less popular games such as Carling Cup, some FA Cup games and less attractive European home games as this increases your chances of gaining tickets for more attractive fixtures.

I've got a season ticket and I'm probably one of only a couple of hundred fans maybe who managed to acquire tickets for all 19 Away premiership games last season but it's taken probably about 5 years to build up that kind of  loyalty to be able to do that. The season before last we went to 11 Aways and the season before 8. Each seasons tally (On the Fan Card) increses your chances of acquiring tickets for the folowing seasons games so it's a long drawn out process but you have to start at the bottom of the ladder and make the sacrifices.

You simply cannot pick and choose your games (I appreciate this may be difficult for those who live outside of Liverpool or abroad) as LFC operate a system where by supporters who attend the majority of games get preferential treatment. Its not perfect but it's better than  having ballots as the club try to reward it's most frequent supporters.

Alternatively you can choose to be VERY NICE to me and I'll see what i can do !!  :D

Seriously I'm always happy to help fans who want to get to Anfield or away games if you give me plenty of notice and you contribute regularly to the forum.

Its a matter of trust for me as it's my season ticket and i need to be sure your not going to act like a dick at the game as i'll be held responsible ! :D

I agree, I think the problem with most non-season ticket/priority ticket scheme fans is that the games they invariably look to get tickets for are Category A League games or big cup ties
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:37 am

Kukilon

I dont know where your based m8, but if it was practical,
it would be worth your while  looking into becoming a Liver/pools agent,
Get in touch with the developement office, the lads will give you all the info you need.
teamleader1

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:40 am

dawson99 wrote:call me on 07955 877 777 and i will etll u where to send a cheque for spare tickets. i always have some in the box available as leon will admit too as he has had the champagne lunches there before. :blues:

Thanks Dawson. Ill def give you a call when im planning my next visit!  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:42 am

Dalglish wrote:

Cheers mate. Hows about Reading away this year? A few of my mates are season ticket holders for Reading but of course I wouldnt really want to sit in the Reading end!  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion