Henry - Big games get to him?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 29, 2006 1:05 pm

Alonso14 wrote:
Big Niall wrote:He hasn't scored in any of the 3 FA cup finals for Arsenal, the UEFA cup final, CL final, and for France he has done nothing in a world cup (hasn't scored a single goal - I think.) or the European championships.

He definatley scored at least 2 or 3 in France 98.

I think perhaps in he's early Arsenal days he had that reputation, of bottling it in big occcasions. But he certainly has shaken that now. I remember a few good goals against Chelsea when it mattered, but he certainly plays well especally this season when he has seems to of come of age in the big hampions league games.

People also said this about Gerrard last season, mostly when we came up against Chelsea, but everytime we have beaten them he has been key. Him along with Garcia are Liverpools big game players.

Some also commented about Henry's excellent work rate, but I have a mate who regularly goes to the Arsenal games, but he said to that he gets a lot of stick from the Arsenal fans for his lack of work rate funny enough.

I stand corrected, he scored two in the group stages, one game was already won and I think they'd already qualified when he scored the other. He failed to score in the knock outs and missed a few chances against Croatia in the semi.

Definate choker.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:04 am

big niall your correctabot henry.

Too many times he has choked on the big stage. Its not true that france dont play to his strengths. In 98 henry was a winger, they played him there. Now he's up front but drifting out to the left. But ribery and zidane go there and when looking for a ball through the middle he isn't there.

I said it ages ago to pals that henry chokes. Perhaps 2-3 good games in champ league in over 50 matches, not good enough. Its great to see him staying in prem for his flicks against charlton, bolton and newcastle. But when will he truly show himself on the world stage?

Gerrard does it in big games, owen did. Henry isn't great at the moment in big games.

Why we are on the matter. Fat Frank doesn't perform in big games either. I'll go out on a limb here and say  that if ballack adjusts quickly to the prem and chelski then we will see lamps subbed more often and in some cl games he'll be on subs bench. Cos essien, ballack and mikel are much better players than fat boy!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion