Thierry henry

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:11 pm

there has been speculation that Henry may quit Barcelona in the summer, if so i think Liverpool should make a move for him

He's quality, and i feel Henry wouldnt hesitate signing for us.

it my opinion he should come, only if the rumours are correct he wants out of barca?

Has anyone else heard that Henry wants out?

how would you greet him if rafa managed to pull off the signing of the year?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:19 pm

It's a gamble in my books this one. Terry Henry ain't looked like the player that terrorized the premier league for about two years now but at the right price I think it would be a gamble worth taking. At the age of 31 (come the new season) he's heading toward retirement and with that in mind I wouldn't go much over £8million for him. Should he reproduce the form that he was in for many years at the a.rse then he would be a steal but continue in his current form and it would be money that we could have put towards a younger strike partner for Torres.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Its a no from me.

Ask yourself how many of Wengers Superstars that he let go went on to better things??

He knows when its time to get rid
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Dundalk wrote:Its a no from me.

Ask yourself how many of Wengers Superstars that he let go went on to better things??

Excellent point, Dundalk, and one not to overlook...

Vieira (that how u spell it ?); Henry; Petit; Overmars (to a lesser extent...). You gotta hand it to Monsieur Wenger - he knows when a player is fit for thr knacker's yard...

I see another thread here about Michael Owen.....hmmmmm....dunno whether I'd take a punt.....But if we could ship Voronin PLUS 1 tonne of EU Intervention Beef in the other direction, then I wouldn't mind taking him back....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:10 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Its a no from me.

Excellent point, Dundalk, and one not to overlook...

Vieira (that how u spell it ?); Henry; Petit; Overmars (to a lesser extent...). You gotta hand it to Monsieur Wenger - he knows when a player is fit for thr knacker's yard...

I see another thread here about Michael Owen.....hmmmmm....dunno whether I'd take a punt.....But if we could ship Voronin PLUS 1 tonne of EU Intervention Beef in the other direction, then I wouldn't mind taking him back....

Think we're giving Wenger a bit too much credit again here.

For a start Overmars and Petit shouldn't be included in that list.  They both wanted to go to Barcelona while still at their peak, it's not as if Wenger just decided they were past it and wanted to sell.  Fair enough it didn't quite happen for Petit at Barce, but I remember us playing them in Europe and Overmars single handedly tearing us apart - I'd argue that's when he was at his peak, not at Arsenal.

You could also argue that he could have let both Vieira and Henry go a season sooner, when both would probably have commanded 30 million transfer fees.  Instead he held onto both of them a season longer when it was then plain for all to see that even though they were still class players, their performance levels were dropping slightly.  That's why no one paid the prices for them that had been branded about the previous summers respectively.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Frankly, I still think he has a lot to offer and I think he would relish the opportunity to terrorize Premiership defenders once more.  I wouldn't want to pay over the odds for him, though, as we still need to sign a quality winger, IMO.  So, if we could get him for a reasonable price, I'd love to see him in the red shirt.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:29 pm

I could see him in New York or LA. Henry is in a bunch of shaving commercials over here and I know that he LOVES American sports and has a lot of friends that play sports over here  Image
JoeTerp

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:20 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I could see him in New York or LA. Henry is in a bunch of shaving commercials over here and I know that he LOVES American sports and has a lot of friends that play sports over here  Image

I think that could be highly unlikely considering that he is rumoured to be unhappy in spain due to being away from his daughter so much.
Should he be on the move in the summer then the smart money is on a return to England, although a move to the states isn't out of the question I can't see him wanting to be around a 10 hour flight away from his daughter when he's currently only two hours away.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:51 pm

id take him in a second, at the right price of course, wouldnt apy 10 mill for him, but 7-9 nmillion, would snap there arm off to get him here, think hed play perfectly with torres.

one thing tho, hes not happy at barca due to being played out wide toom uch, so dunno what rafa would think lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:46 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I could see him in New York or LA. Henry is in a bunch of shaving commercials over here and I know that he LOVES American sports and has a lot of friends that play sports over here  Image

henry in a spurs top  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:14 pm

You need your head testing if you're going to pay a fee of around £10 million for a 30+ forward that has been burned out by Arsenal.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:29 pm

It isn't really worth speculating too much about imo, as he won't play for any other english sides anyway. He has said so himself recently in an interview, though I can't remember where I read it.
JamCar05

Postby KOPMATT » Thu May 01, 2008 12:01 am

Judge wrote:there has been speculation that Henry may quit Barcelona in the summer, if so i think Liverpool should make a move for him

He's quality, and i feel Henry wouldnt hesitate signing for us.

it my opinion he should come, only if the rumours are correct he wants out of barca?

Has anyone else heard that Henry wants out?

how would you greet him if rafa managed to pull off the signing of the year?

Quality? the way he played last night it seems his get up and go has got up and gone nevermind his quality!
I don't bloody want him!
KOPMATT

Postby hello_red » Tue May 06, 2008 6:50 pm

hes the past, babel and torres are the future.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 06, 2008 6:53 pm

According to the BBC, Arsenal have agreed to resign Thierry Henry.

And according to Manhattan's sources, Thierry Henry's British ex wife has agreed to remarry him too.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion