Sinama pongolle and antony le-tallac - Can they make the grade

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reverend Yah » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:01 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Both players need to move on in order to get the carers on track, they are still only 21 and if they go back to France and get first team football there is no reasons why they couldn’t get a bigger move in a few years.

We also need to get them off the wage bill and get whatever money back we can. It makes sense for both the players and the club that they move away permanently.

Agreed...we have too many "fringe" players that are costing us a bomb in wages(I think we still have Diao don't we??) add to that the fact that Le Tallec and Pongy have both spoken out about their "dissapointment" at being loaned out and I can't see a future for either of them at Anfield.
(Watch now as Rafa takes them both back and sticks them in the first team :D )
"Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."
Reverend Yah

Postby dward » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:51 am

RAFA: FLO STILL PART OF MY PLANS

Rafael Benitez has given Florent Sinama-Pongolle hope by insisting no decision has been made regarding his future and he could still have a part to play at Liverpool.
The French Under-21 international ended last season on loan at Blackburn Rovers but Benitez feels he may still have a part to play at Liverpool.

Sinama-Pongolle was part of the France Under-21 team that reached the semi-finals of the European Championships and he was one of the star performers in the defeat by Holland.

"We have not made a decision on Sinama and we're in no hurry to do so," reflected Benitez.

"I will talk to him when he returns to pre-season training about the future. Sinama is a very good prospect who's always done well. He's been a key player for the French Under-21 side in the European Championships.

"Our scouts have been watching and the reports are very good. I know there are other clubs watching him, but they will have to wait because we are not trying to sell Sinama."

link
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:59 am

RAFA: FLO STILL PART OF MY PLANS

Rafael Benitez has given Florent Sinama-Pongolle hope by insisting no decision has been made regarding his future and he could still have a part to play at Liverpool.
The French Under-21 international ended last season on loan at Blackburn Rovers but Benitez feels he may still have a part to play at Liverpool.

Sinama-Pongolle was part of the France Under-21 team that reached the semi-finals of the European Championships and he was one of the star performers in the defeat by Holland.

"We have not made a decision on Sinama and we're in no hurry to do so," reflected Benitez.

"I will talk to him when he returns to pre-season training about the future. Sinama is a very good prospect who's always done well. He's been a key player for the French Under-21 side in the European Championships.

"Our scouts have been watching and the reports are very good. I know there are other clubs watching him, but they will have to wait because we are not trying to sell Sinama

well he is only one who could be any good for us if they play. diao well says it for himself and le tallac be better of back in france or at a team like wigan
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby PCG77 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:47 pm

Definately keep FSP but Le tallac can leave... Le tallac does not seem to have the right frame of mind.
PCG77

Postby kobashi » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:22 pm

in the Star today, they have a story on FSP making a plea to Blackburn to sign him.  feels his career will go downhill going back to livepool.
kobashi

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:04 pm

pongolle can make the grade le tallec cant
Kopite-Jud

Postby GOAT » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:22 pm

I think pongo still has a future at liverpool, he has some talent. Le tallec can go though
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby EddieC » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:52 pm

In light of the Cisse situation, I can't see FSP going anywhere right now. We need 2 new strikers, and we're only gonna have enough money for 1.

IMO he'll stay as 4th choice, get more p!ssed off & his transfer value will go down a bit more, but we'll need him to be there just in case.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:44 pm

Pleased to see this topic come up again with Cisse breaking his leg again I can see Pongolle gettin more of a chance, Rafa cant sign more than 1 striker now, we needed the funds from Cisse and his wage bill will stop us buyin more than 1 striker hopefull Pongolle really comes into his own I just hope he does'nt do a Baros on Us.
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby kobashi » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:52 pm

EddieC wrote:In light of the Cisse situation, I can't see FSP going anywhere right now. We need 2 new strikers, and we're only gonna have enough money for 1.

IMO he'll stay as 4th choice, get more p!ssed off & his transfer value will go down a bit more, but we'll need him to be there just in case.

i agree with you.  still don't think Sinama will play many games
kobashi

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion