Sinama pongolle and antony le-tallac - Can they make the grade

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hotrod » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:51 pm

In light of Pongolle's disallowed goal against Sao Paulo i got to thinking back to when they first arrived they were gettin rave reviews and terrorised defences in a youth world cup. Pongolle do me looks like a very good player i think he has what it takes to be a top player for us he can score goals is pacy and has some tricks on him(the one against arsenal comes to mind) Rafa experimented with him on the right side for a few games he looked fine but our 4-5-1 "neative" tactics underminded his preformance which was fairly decent espically against betis but he suffers from not gettin played enough for him to devolp i mean he has pace can finish but he cant seem to force his way into the team i htink he is intelligent enough to play very well aloung side Crouchy and i think he should be givin a chance. As for the Le Tallac i have serious doubts, i mean his attitude came into question last season and he went on loan and played very little when he came back he had one really good game against juventus and i thought he would kick on but it was'nt so. Le Tallac immediatly impressed me when GH first signed him with some decnt displays in the middle of the park when we had major injuries but he now just seems to light weight to play at a level we need specailly in the Prem and he mssed oem guilt edge chances but seems to be doing ok at sunderland who i heard want to sign him permently. Is he a midfielder or a striker beacuse he suffers from not having a set postion rafa played him up front suring pre-season but i am not sure

Anyway just seeing what you guys thought and if i am talking rubbish cheers lads
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby <-alonso-> » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:19 pm

flo-po is awesome, and definetly has the talent and mentaltity to succeed for liverpool, as for le tallec, good player, but im not sure is he's good enough
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:35 pm

to be honest, i don't think either are really good enough....at least not at the moment.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:46 pm

Pongolle still needs to improve in certain areas, however I think he has more chance of staying at this club than Le Tallec.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:59 pm

i've always rated pongolle. the kid's got more footballing ability than another certain french striker on our books will ever have.

as for le tallec, i'll be amazed if he ever plays for liverpool again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby gary106 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:23 pm

pongo can change games, olympiakos game springs to mind last season. he's a very good player imo.

and le tallec, as above suprised if he played again or was even on 1st team bench to be honest
gary106

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:29 pm

LeTellec isn't really good enough for Sunderland, so he's deffo not good enough.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:37 pm

completly agree on ping pong point but i think we all have ben a bit harsh on le tallac even me i think he has some ability could do with bulking up a bit but does'nt look like he has enough for us maybe a championship player tho. Pongolle can be awsome but will he get enough games to improve and show us how well he can do as said before hs a great footballin brain
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Gareth G » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:54 pm

In my opinion Le Tellec started off his Liverpool career the brighter of the two, but he just seemed to go backward's while Flo has improved and continues to do so in every game he play's, he's definitely one for the futur in my opinion.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:00 pm

stmichael wrote:i've always rated pongolle. the kid's got more footballing ability than another certain french striker on our books will ever have.

as for le tallec, i'll be amazed if he ever plays for liverpool again.

nailed that one. my sentiments exactly

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:06 pm

To be honest, they've both been hugely disappointing, particularly Le Tallec. Pongolle probably hasn't had chance to shine enough, but then he's never played so well that the gaffer couldn't drop him. It must be hard being the fourth striker in the pecking order, but he needs to bide his time and really make a difference when the time comes. He was hugely unlucky against Sao Paolo, as a high profile goal is exactly what he needs. He's definitely the real thing, and has skill to burn, but by now you'd have expected a genuinely class young player to have blossomed into a first team regular.

As for Le Tallec, he shone briefly, but to be honest you may as well file him under "Bruno Cheyrou". He's as good as gone.
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:07 pm

compare and contrast the two of them. it's like chalk and cheese.

FSP- "i don't really like playing on the right wing but if it's for the good of the team then i'm willing to do it."

ALT- "if i'm not playing regularly then i want to go on loan."

is it really any surprise that only one of the two is currently at the club? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:15 am

Flo = Yes :)

ALT = No :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red squirrel » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:28 am

my opinion seems to be mirrored by you guys.
Pongolle should definately stay and i would like to see him play a more active role for the club as his quality on the ball is superb. His goals for us have been nothing short of brilliant(Betis game especially)
As for Le Tallec he dosnt look like he'll ever improve the team and he dosnt even play regular football for Sunderland and thats what we loaned him out for. He'll definately be sold by next summer.
I just hope we hang onto Pongolle and dont loan him out which i believe would harm his chances of getting back to the first team plans.
Can you ever remember any one being loaned out then to return a class act and a rejuvenated player set for big things at Anfield.
It never happens.
Red squirrel

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:34 am

I rate FLO and would rather see him coming on for Kewell after an hour,as any work he does thats worth its salt is done in the first hour,after that hes just a passenger.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion