Sinama pongolle and antony le-tallac - Can they make the grade

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:57 am

stmichael wrote:compare and contrast the two of them. it's like chalk and cheese.

FSP- "i don't really like playing on the right wing but if it's for the good of the team then i'm willing to do it."

ALT- "if i'm not playing regularly then i want to go on loan."

is it really any surprise that only one of the two is currently at the club? ???

Racist that stmichael :laugh:

No seriously though, Le Tallec has superb vision and a good touch. He can split a defence and has a good weight of pass but hasn't developed his game in other areas. I'd be suprised if he makes it. He needs to play regularly in a team at centre mid, that won't happen though.

As for Sinama i can't understand for the life of me why he doesn't play more. He can play as a second striker and i firmly believe he has the quality to play off Crouch and cause teams problems. He's got pace, skill and intelligence and good technique and skill. He links superbly with others as does Crouch and the one time they've played together they've linked very well.

For me, he won't score 20-25 goals a season, he's not a goalscorer and never will be, but i reckon he's capable of around the 15 mark and he offers alot in terms of team play. Its not that he can't finish, its just his ability to get into scoring positions i'd question, again though, something i'd expect to improve with games. He can even hold the ball up with his skill. There are times when he should play instead of Luis Garcia in the second striker role in my opinion.

Against the better sides he's not as wastefull in possession as Luis Garcia and i think that would benefit us more on certain occassions.

I personally believe our best team is:

Crouch    Sinama-Pongolle
Kewell       Alonso         Sissoko        Gerrard
Riise         Hyypia        Carragher      Finnan
                        Reina

I include Kewell in there, maybe its Warnock with Kewell at left back or maybe even Zenden or Luis Garcia out there.  I'm unsure about the left side, however for me the rest of the team at present is very sure.

I'd love to see a class right winger in there so Gerrard could move into the middle. :)
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:07 am

stu_the_red wrote:As for Sinama i can't understand for the life of me why he doesn't play more. He can play as a second striker and i firmly believe he has the quality to play off Crouch and cause teams problems. He's got pace, skill and intelligence and good technique and skill. He links superbly with others as does Crouch and the one time they've played together they've linked very well.

if i'm not mistaken he started away against betis, at home to manure and away at birmingham. apart from that he's hardly figured which is baffling, especially considering that our strikers have hardly been scoring freely all season.

i still think we need a top class goalscorer in january. our options are still limited in that department imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:11 am

Le Tallec is f*cking awful, and should be released if we cannot sell the bugger in the summer.

Pongolle is highly talented, but it seems as though he has dropped out of the main reckoning recently, possibly due to his best mate Cisse being out of favour with Rafa.
I seriously wonder if Sinama is affected by the situation.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:14 am

stmichael wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:As for Sinama i can't understand for the life of me why he doesn't play more. He can play as a second striker and i firmly believe he has the quality to play off Crouch and cause teams problems. He's got pace, skill and intelligence and good technique and skill. He links superbly with others as does Crouch and the one time they've played together they've linked very well.

if i'm not mistaken he started away against betis, at home to manure and away at birmingham. apart from that he's hardly figured which is baffling, especially considering that our strikers have hardly been scoring freely all season.

i still think we need a top class goalscorer in january. our options are still limited in that department imo.

He played well against Real Betis, but he didn't exactly perform against Birmingham and Man Utd as well as he should had.

I think we'll get a CB and a RM, but thats it for January imo, I just don't see us buying three players because we probably won't have enough money to do so [summer is more likely for a striker]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby darwisigila » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:51 am

we should retain pongole...he still learning. i always hoping rafa will use him when we were trailing coz he got the pace and for me his play is unpredictable.
darwisigila

Postby Piewhack » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:06 pm

Red squirrel wrote:Can you ever remember any one being loaned out then to return a class act and a rejuvenated player set for big things at Anfield.
It never happens.

Danny Murphy??
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:36 pm

A.B. wrote:
stmichael wrote:

He played well against Real Betis, but he didn't exactly perform against Birmingham and Man Utd as well as he should had.

I think we'll get a CB and a RM, but thats it for January imo, I just don't see us buying three players because we probably won't have enough money to do so [summer is more likely for a striker]

He played on the bloody right wing lad. He's never a winger even though you were one of the idiots who suggested it.
115-1073096938

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:08 pm

stmichael wrote:compare and contrast the two of them. it's like chalk and cheese.

FSP- "i don't really like playing on the right wing but if it's for the good of the team then i'm willing to do it."

ALT- "if i'm not playing regularly then i want to go on loan."

is it really any surprise that only one of the two is currently at the club? ???

You seem to have a very selective memory STMIKE, about October time last year Flo was taking of leaving because he wasn’t happy not playing, he was talking up a move in January!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:30 pm

They both clearly have something about them, but the problem is that they have always been too good for the reserves but not quiet good enough to play first team at Liverpool, and being stuck between the 2 has harmed their development. Their both 21 now I think and they have missed out on a lot of their development years, ideally they would have had a season or maybe two of first team football under the belts, preferably at least 1 year in the Premiership.

I have always liked Le Tallec, he’s technically sound, tall, good header of the ball, has vision and knows how to defend. He is a central player but people seem to have differing opinions on whether he should play as a centre mid or as a striker. I personally see him as a Bergkamp type player, someone who can drop and play in the hole and use his vision and technical ability to link the midfield and strikers. I don’t really blame him for wanting to play first team football last year, we don’t know exactly what happened, but it seems he may have gone about it in the wrong way, but he wouldn’t be the first 19 year old to make a mistake. I would like to see him get a bit of muscle on him, because he isn’t particularly quick anyway, so losing pace wouldn’t be a worry. If he could toughen up a bit and play a season of first team football in the Premiership (not at Sunderland, the worst club ever to play in the Premiership), there may be a last chance for him.

I slowly grew to like Pongolle. Last season I thought he was making massive improvement in his all round game, but I still question his movement. It was a shame that he got the injury. The problem is that I don’t really see him fitting into the system that Rafa wants to play in the long term. He also needs a season playing first team football, definitely not as a right winger though, either as part of a genuine strike pairing, or as a second striker. I can see him improving a lot given this chance. Right now I can’t see why Rafa doesn’t give him more chances while he is playing 2 up top, he offers more than Cisse in terms of his all round game.

But in the long term I can see them both leaving without making a significant impact at Anfield. I think it would probably be best for both parties if they left in the summer to clubs that could guarantee them football week in week out in the best positions, as a friend or a family member that is what I would advise them to do. And from a club point of view, if they are not in the long term plans we might as well get them of the wage bill, get whatever fees we can and free up space for other youngster. It a shame, because I think things may have worked out differently had Houllier stuck around (not that I’m saying he should have).

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:55 pm

thought i would add this in a few sites got this running

Related links
Team Pages:
Liverpool
Nice
Player Pages:
Florent Sinama-Pongolle
Ligue 1 outfit Nice claim they have entered into tentative negotiations regarding Liverpool forward Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

The French youngster is widely admired and Spanish outfit Real Betis had claimed to be close to agreeing a loan deal before Reds boss Rafa Benitez voiced his desire to keep hold of the former Le Havre starlet.

Nice, though, are desperately looking for attacking reinforcements with both Bakary Kone and Souleymane Camara set to participate in the African Cup of Nations for Ivory Coast and Senegal respectively.

Nice sporting director Roger Ricort has admitted that talks with The Reds are at a formative stage for the player who they first targeted just before the closing of the August transfer window.

"[The contact] is not very advanced," Ricort told L'Equipe.

"We will lose two players in attack in a period where the calendar will be very busy.

"On the other hand, it is expected that Marama Vahirua will be more and more used in attack.

"We envision therefore the reinforcement of a compatible attacker within our budget and continual operation."
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:56 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
stmichael wrote:

He played on the bloody right wing lad. He's never a winger even though you were one of the idiots who suggested it.

I didn't suggest he was a winger, I suggested that we play him there until we sign one as a temporary solution, idiot.

[Cut the ''lad'' b#llocks, you call everyone that and most of them are old enough to your father]
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Hotrod » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:07 pm

he could make a usefull right winger against teams that play with less than 4 defenders possibly why he was employed against Sau Paolo beacuse they play with a back 3. He has the pace and skill to trouble defenders his final ball could use some work but an option defintly depending o the oppostion

not sure if that made much sence but hey
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed May 31, 2006 3:50 pm

Accidentally bumped this thread, but the my feelings about Le Tallec are similar to then.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Wed May 31, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:54 pm

FSP needs to leave to get his career back on track.  come on, its time to be honest!  Rafa is never gonna use him throgh the middle.  he will always be a bit part RW for liverpool.

i think FSP would welcome a move away..
kobashi

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:57 pm

Both players need to move on in order to get the carers on track, they are still only 21 and if they go back to France and get first team football there is no reasons why they couldn’t get a bigger move in a few years.

We also need to get them off the wage bill and get whatever money back we can. It makes sense for both the players and the club that they move away permanently.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion