It's getting worse by the day - Surrealism or what

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 20, 2004 7:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Finally this is not the forum for this discussion :(

Like I said  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Thu May 20, 2004 7:41 pm

Woof, just to let you know that I am not a champion of democracy or human rights of any kind. And so as not to turn this into a political forum, this will be my last post on this subject for now...

Come clean and admit to yourself at least that democracy is just a nice word in SE Asia.

Yes and no...there were fair elections being held in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, observed by third parties incl UK and US, so yes there are democracy in that part of the world. To what extend or degree of democracy that is being practice is another subject altogether (eg, in Singapore, try speaking out against the govt and they find someway to throw you in jail :;):  In Thailand, money politics is widely practice and any good leaders playing by the rule WILL NOT get elected, so no one bother to. In Malaysia, speaking out harshly against the govt is bad for your health, literally)

And if you think malaysia or singapore is any different then all I can say is I hope you live close to the airport so you can catch the first plane out when the sh*t hits the fan.

where have you read such propaganda sh1t? have you honestly lived in that part of the world before or you just over heard someone chatting in your bar? You have totally miscue here mate. Last racial violence in Malaysia was 35 years ago. Singapore has been a peaceful and progressive country since it's independence from Britain and Malaya back in the 50's. There were no coup or infighting between military and police of any kind down there. Get your facts right :angry:

Finally this is not the forum for this discussion

Agreed. I can accept different opinions but not half truth or manipulated facts being posted by misinformed forumer. While I can't comment much on Israel-Palestine issue or Iraqi war, I have lived in SE Asia for 20 of the past 35 years and felt compelled to speak out.

~peace~
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Thu May 20, 2004 7:50 pm

Sorry just one additional non-political, on-topic point. Since Thaksin's human right record is being widely questioned by those worried about tyrants investing into our club, I hoped shedding some lights into the actual situation there might help forumer and fans alike to form a more informed opinion on this little known man.

...and no, I still prefer Morgan's investment for all the right footballing reasons.

So until Thaksin is able to name 5 Liverpool players in one sentence  :laugh:  ... ~peace~
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 20, 2004 8:48 pm

SantaGiveHoullierTheSack wrote:And if you think malaysia or singapore is any different then all I can say is I hope you live close to the airport so you can catch the first plane out when the sh*t hits the fan.

where have you read such propaganda sh1t? have you honestly lived in that part of the world before or you just over heard someone chatting in your bar?
~peace~[/quote]
Read your own post, you don't need my help to contradict yourself'
And as for getting my facts right try talking to some chinese malays .
Pity you and I never met up in my bar. Could have spent a good few hours chewing this discussion.
Lets not bore the rest of the lads with it. If you want to continue e:mail me.
And yeah........peace

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 20, 2004 9:00 pm

SantaGiveHoullierTheSack wrote:. To what extend or degree of democracy that is being practice is another subject altogether (eg, in Singapore, try speaking out against the govt and they find someway to throw you in jail :;):  In Thailand, money politics is widely practice and any good leaders playing by the rule WILL NOT get elected, so no one bother to. In Malaysia, speaking out harshly against the govt is bad for your health, literally)

[where have you read such propaganda sh1t?. Singapore has been a peaceful and progressive country since it's independence from Britain and Malaya back in the 50's. There were no coup or infighting between military and police of any kind down there. Get your facts right :angry:

OOP'S meant to add this.
Like i said you don't need my help to contradict yourself.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Thu May 20, 2004 9:02 pm

Give it a rest...I would rather watch France v Brazil :D

What a cracking 1H. So much skill on the pitch. Zidane was 5-star, Ronaldinho in the centre of all the Brazilian's best move...can't wait for the 2H. And those retro jerseys....drool !
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Thu May 20, 2004 9:07 pm

Woof, you have failed to see my point. Never mind, I've send you a PM...would love to chat further offline.
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Woollyback » Thu May 20, 2004 10:18 pm

What about Steve Morgan's crimes against humanity? Clearing acre after acre of green English fields and covering them with all-look-the-same, paper-thin, shoebox houses and selling them to an unsuspecting public?

Mock Tudor suburbia - now that's a crime against humanity  :;):
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 20, 2004 11:06 pm

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion