Simao - Thoughts on simao after benfica tie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby badradio » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:02 pm

My opinion was based on watching Portuguese players in general, like with alot of the european leagues the players go down at the slightest oppurtunity

That's true, I must agree with you... But it doesn't mean they haven't the physical strength to succeed in the English Premiership. The problem is that our referees really suck and it's easier for them to whirstle everything to protect themselfs,so the players take advantage and fall way to easily. Besides that we have a lot of brazilians here and they love to do that. But in the end I think that most of our  good players would adapt well to the Premiership league style. They know that they can't fall that easily there...and they wouldn't do it because they aren't stupids. They just do it because they know they get the foul here most of the time.
There are some players here that would fit well in the Premiership but english teams usually make wrong signings in Portugal...they're always given different roles/positions so it's normal for them to not produce as they should sometimes.

Simão is totally different from Garcia. He is a winger. He makes a lot of assists, most of them by crosses because he got lots of pace and can hit the line easily. Even though Benfica doesn't do that kind of play very much since we don't have good headers..

But I totally understand what you're saying about the Premiership physical 'requirements'... It's not about the oposition closing down (because the smaller teams do that a lot here) but the referring is definetly not the same and they could struggle because of that. Simão is not much of a diver...Petit is:)
badradio

Postby SLBENFICA the Glorious » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:51 am

SIMAO GO TO CHELSEA FOR 24M EUROS!!!

MANUEL FERNANDES IS WONDERFUL PLAYER...HE HAVE GREAT FUTURE...MOURINHO LIKE HIM...AND WANT HIM...

LUISAO IS A BEST DEFENDER IN PORTUGAL.
IF YOU WANT ONE DEFENDE I RECOMEND LUISAO...

LIVERPOOL FOR EVER THE BEST TEAM IN ENGLAND!!
SLBENFICA the Glorious

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:36 pm

SLBENFICA the Glorious wrote:SIMAO GO TO CHELSEA FOR 24M EUROS!!!

MANUEL FERNANDES IS WONDERFUL PLAYER...HE HAVE GREAT FUTURE...MOURINHO LIKE HIM...AND WANT HIM...

Luisao looked like a very good player, and we could do far worse.
Another player that impressed me was Celades (if thats how his name is spelt)
He played RB and looked quality in both legs.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:58 pm

2 match count nothin...traore can play two good game but nothin mean he is a good player...

he is a good player no doubt...but not the best...over 10 million for Simao...NO WAY...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:04 pm

Just a thought but if the price is 10mil plus would that pize a Mr SWP away from Chelski knowing he would play far more football at Anfield.

Just a thought as i like him as a player.

:buttrock
Flashard

Postby homemsumol » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:22 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

Our RB in those game was Alcides. He is quite a good player, considering that he only have 21 years old and that he is a CB. He can also play on that position, but he is even better as a CB (but with both CB such as Luisão and Andersson it´s dificult for him to play in that position). But Nelson (he only played in estádio da luz and as right winger the last 20 mn is much more better. Alcides is not that good with his left foot, and Nelson is like Cristiano Ronaldo, he can shoot and play with both feet.

E PLURIBUS UNUM
homemsumol

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:45 pm

homemsumol wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Our RB in those game was Alcides. He is quite a good player, considering that he only have 21 years old and that he is a CB. He can also play on that position, but he is even better as a CB (but with both CB such as Luisão and Andersson it´s dificult for him to play in that position). But Nelson (he only played in estádio da luz and as right winger the last 20 mn is much more better. Alcides is not that good with his left foot, and Nelson is like Cristiano Ronaldo, he can shoot and play with both feet.

E PLURIBUS UNUM

Yeah thats him Alcides.

He looked a decent player, good on the ball and strong in the tackle, definately one of your better players imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:11 pm

Simao or anyone else linked to LFC or other top clubs with the EPL are always tag with an inflated price. So, whatever the transfer fees is mean squad. Forget about the price tag and who do you think is the best right midfielder in the world? I don't really follow other league as much so I can't really say. But in terms of crosses from the right, I would have to say Beckham. But he is really one dimensional and soft. In the EPL, I think Stelio and Pennant are pretty good right midfielder but by no means they are world class. THey are good players only. Honestly, I can recall more good left midfield than right.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:42 pm

I agree that we want an out and out winger, someone who can get to the line and whip in crosses, Simao isn't this type of player :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:01 pm

Paul C wrote:I agree that we want an out and out winger, someone who can get to the line and whip in crosses, Simao isn't this type of player :(

I disagree with some of you about simao! he is a natural right winger!!! i have seen alot of videos and he whips in alot of good crosses!!! he uses his pace and dribbling to cut through defence and he can adapt to the pace of the premiership. I have to agree with our portoguese friends he has the ability to do alot of things with liverpool.

Although i don't mind SWP and Pennant but both of them are unlikely to come because they are expensive to get. 10m for simao is enough to bring him to anfield.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby badradio » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:31 pm

Another assist for Simão today...A nice cross from the left.
badradio

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion