Redknapp - Father and son reunited.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:16 am

Redknapp free to join Southampton (soccernet.com)

Tottenham have released midfielder Jamie Redknapp so he can link up with his father Harry at Southampton.
Redknapp, club captain at White Hart Lane, is expected to undergo a medical at St Mary's later today and agree personal terms.

The 31-year-old former England midfielder has spent three years at Spurs since moving from Liverpool, making 53 first-team appearances and taking over as club captain from Teddy Sheringham in 2003.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy praised Redknapp for his efforts at White Hart Lane.

'Jamie has been a outstanding ambassador for our club. During his time with us he has always shown commitment and enthusiasm,' said Levy.

'He proved to be an excellent club captain with his positive attitude and fostering of team spirit.

'We would like to thank Jamie and wish him well at Southampton.'

Redknapp admitted he had decided on the move in order to get regular first-team football.

'I have enjoyed my time at Tottenham but, as the team has developed, there has been a healthy increase in competition for places and I have found myself on the bench more than on the pitch,' he told the Tottenham website.

'At this stage in my career I want to be playing more so I had a chat with Frank (Arnesen), Martin (Jol) and the chairman and asked them to let me go.

'They were great about it and Martin even said when I finish playing to come and talk to him and about a coaching role.'

surprise Spurs let Jamie go, hope he does well at Soton - best of luck to him.
:)

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:31 pm

Hope they go down :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion