Stelios pens new bolton deal - Looks like this one is over then

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:19 pm

Stelios Giannakopoulos has ended speculation surrounding his future by signing a new three-year contract with Bolton.

The Greece international, who had been interesting Liverpool and Manchester City, was due to be out of contract next summer.

However, Bolton wanted Stelios to remain at The Reebok and have swiftly secured his services for the foreseeable future.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce was naturally delighted Stelios, who scored against Newcastle on Wednesday, has committed himself to the Lancashire outfit.

With Stelios' services secured, Allardyce is hoping to add one more player to his squad before the transfer window closes.

"We have been working hard behind the scenes to get this agreed and I'm delighted that we can put all the speculation behind us," Allardyce told the club's official website.

"Throughout, Stelios has been very professional and he can now look forward to playing his best football at Bolton.

"I was concerned earlier this week that we might have lost him but in the end he always wanted to stay loyal. He is a terrific little player.

"I hope we can move on now and try to add to the squad before the transfer window closes next week."

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside, who was delighted with Stelios' display against The Magpies, revealed the club always believed he would stay.

"We've been confident of doing this all summer," explained Gartside. "He's been an impressive player for us.

"I must admit I congratulated him on his performance after Newcastle which was very professional under ciccumstances with speculation.

"It's great news he's going to stay for anothee three years."

from Sky Sports
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:23 pm

Cue all the tabloids quoting all this and adding a little footnote as to how Solano is now Rafa top choice.....

:(
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby mistyred » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:26 pm

Pressure will surely grow on Rafa with fans panicking about signings before transfer deadline day.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:27 pm

then it can settle here
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion