Rivaldo to bolton - What the f#ck?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:26 pm

Bolton Wanderers are about to sign the Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo, according to a report.
The Bolton Evening News claim the 32-year-old is staying in a Manchester hotel while he holds talks with Bolton.

But according to the paper Rivaldo has already made up his mind to move to the Reebok Stadium, and could sign as early as next week.

Rivaldo could join straight away, outside the transfer window, as he is a free agent, having quit AC Milan.

what the hell is going on? you see some of the trash we've bought and you see the likes of bolton (yes bolton) trying to sign this guy. what a joke.

:angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:44 pm

Don't even start me, I was going on about him last August, we could have had him at Christmas.  I mean, why would we chase World Cup winners, when we can sign sh##e.

If he signs, Bolton or not, watch him light the Premiership up.
jonnymac1979

Postby greenred » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:15 pm

A player like him on a free and a twelve month contract has to make sense.How many times this season could we have used his quality to unlock a stubborn defence?He would wake up the Kop and his reputation alone would frighten opposition defences.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:28 pm

I think Rivaldo is past his best anyway he will probably do a job for Bolton, but if he was the player he was Chelsea, Arsenal or United would have snapped him up by now

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby kopper » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Agree with Roberts, if we or they did sign him he'd probably shine the bench.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:50 pm

We need all the help we can get and I dont recall Fans complaining much when a certain 36 year old joined LFC , he's got no hair but we dont care , Gary Gary Mac !!!! :p 1 year contract with no clauses , Buy him !!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:52 pm

Dalglish wrote:We need all the help we can get and I dont recall Fans complaining much when a certain 36 year old joined LFC , he's got no hair but we dont care , Gary Gary Mac !!!! :p 1 year contract with no clauses , Buy him !!!!

I would still have Gary Mac back at the reds though, better than half of the sh##e we have now.
But none of the Premiership want Rivaldo now just Bolton they always sign the cast offs, they do a job but Bolton will never be a Top 6 club will they?

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby Dalglish » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:57 am

Wel they wont be a top 6 club because they have TOO many Rivaldo like players , but surely you can see the value of getting the odd big name player in the swansong of their careers ? Gary Mac was a fine example , how about Mendietta at boro, he's improved their team.  Also Cantana was no spring chicken when he joined Man U and people saad it was a bad move. History is sprinkled with many examples of this kind of transfer. Ok Arsenal, Chelsea and NMancs aren't bidding for him but they have their creative playmakers already , we are crying out for someone to compliment Stevie G and provide OWen with more than his usual 1 chance per game he's getting at the moment !!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:12 pm

two words

F#CK ME!!!!!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby greenred » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:47 pm

Dalglish wrote:Wel they wont be a top 6 club because they have TOO many Rivaldo like players , but surely you can see the value of getting the odd big name player in the swansong of their careers ? Gary Mac was a fine example , how about Mendietta at boro, he's improved their team.  Also Cantana was no spring chicken when he joined Man U and people saad it was a bad move. History is sprinkled with many examples of this kind of transfer. Ok Arsenal, Chelsea and NMancs aren't bidding for him but they have their creative playmakers already , we are crying out for someone to compliment Stevie G and provide OWen with more than his usual 1 chance per game he's getting at the moment !!!!!!

Good point.We havent got a player in that mould unlike Chelsea,Ars and manure.Rivaldo is still only 32 as well.He would cost us 2.5million for a years contract which works out cheaper then Igor Biscan.Anyway,Rivaldo wouldnt be bad as Liverpools first Brazilian player.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion