Glorious journey - On way to work

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:51 am

My journey to work is always one filled with annoyance, of how long the bus is taking to get through traffic and also the general being p@ssed off with the fact that 8 hours working is next on the agenda.

Today i was as fed as normal when the song Glorious Day by Embrace came on my i-pod....i like the song and it was cheering me up (only slightly) when i started to remember the last glorious day in my life.
I didnt have to think too far back as it was only in May.
No it wasn't Wednesday May the 25th....that was the previous glorious day, it was actually the wonderful night of Thursday May 26th, as i sat deep in thought my bus reached town, the bus pulled up beside the rat and parrott waiting at the lights and i looked left and pictured the area as it was on that night, i suddenly felt a shiver through the whole of my body, this is truthful my hairs were standing on end, i was smiling with tears welling up in my eyes....still sitting on the bus.(lucky i was at the front, people would of thought i was very strange)
I could picture ahead of me thousands and thousands of fellow Liverpool supporters.
Men women children, with flags waving hats and scarves on decked out in a sea of red and white.
I remembered standing in front of the Lime street station steps with me mate...a crate of ale of thousands of others, eagerly awaiting the players bus carrying old big ears and the victorious squad.
When the bus came round that corner approaching St Georges hall, never have i felt a wave of emotion like it.
I am slightly too young to remember the previous time anything so special happened to our club.

I just want to say i will forever be grateful to Rafa and the players for giving me the best 2 days of my life.
As i am typing this my hairs are standing on end again.
I got off the bus round the corner and then walked the rest of the way to work, and thought to myself....its 5 days to xmas....4 days till we give the geordies a hiding and i am getting p@ssed tonight.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:46 pm

Quality. :D
115-1073096938

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:52 pm

got goose bumps reading it ace nice post
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:31 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:..its 5 days to xmas....4 days till we give the geordies a hiding and i am getting p@ssed tonight.

i think your already p2ssed mate, its 5 days to xmas and 6 day till we play the barcodes    :p
112-1077774096

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:34 pm

peewee wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:..its 5 days to xmas....4 days till we give the geordies a hiding and i am getting p@ssed tonight.

i think your already p2ssed mate, its 5 days to xmas and 6 day till we play the barcodes    :p

Oh Sh@t yeah  :D

I'm not p@ssed yet...still in work, but must need a bevvy to sort me head out  :p

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:20 pm

Great stuff the best week of my life !!! hopefully we'll get plenty more like that.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion