Di vaio to anfield? - Independant thinks so.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:11 pm

sky sports now reporting it

Liverpool are reportedly consider rivalling Internazionale in a January bid to sign Marco Di Vaio.

The Italian striker is unsettled at Valencia and the Mestalla outfit are thought to be prepared to farm him out on loan in the New Year when the transfer window reopens.

Any loan move would be with a view to a permanent deal and Inter have long been admirers of the former Juventus attacker.

Indeed, the 29-year-old has admitted he would like to play for the Neroazzurri after almost moving there in 2002.

Sources in Italy claim that Rafa Benitez has put Di Vaio on his own Christmas shopping list as he ponders freshening up his striking options with Peter Crouch, Fernando Morientes and Djibril Cisse still not firing on all cylinders.

Valencia are ready to listen to the offers that come in and it seems unlikely that the player will remain in La Liga.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:52 pm

holy sh!t...my worse nightmare's about to turn real? di viao is what me n my mates always use as an example of a bad striker i.e. "he's (so and so striker) worse than di viao." And our assessment if began from his parma days. though he scored a respectable amount of goals, he missed just as many sitters. now how is that different from cisse? i dont see di viao doing anything more than cisse. unless of cos, rafa wants to buy di viao and leave him on the right flank so that cisse could move to the center! pls dont make this happen.

on the note of strikers, i am beginning to see the wisdom of rafa's purchase of crouch. crouch, despite his height, is probably the player with the best ball control in the team. He hardly loses the ball even when crowded. and whenever he does lose it, he falls over and wins us a free kick. he's a great buy...to the extent that i would say he could probably create a new role in modern football all by himself - The Non-Scoring Striker. Look at how he drags defenders with him, how that creates space for the others. How he flicks goal scoring opportunites with his head and outside of his boot. He's not scoring, no doubt, but he doesn't need to if moro and gerrard sunk the 2 glorious chances crouch gave them. but i am actually having doubts over his heading abilities..he does seem to have great placement in his headers but they are really lacking in power. whenever he tries to power them, he loses the placement. hmm. should work extra hard on that.

moro moro. i still see the class in him. but the question is whether that class is just a remainder of his best days or is he ever going to regain his touch. he definitely looks like the slowest player in our team, so much that i would say that he's not any faster and mobile than hamann. i dont think he will survive in the epl.. lets not give excuses saying he's not match fit... he should be by now. people always feel that he's not match fit bcos he looks sluggish on the field...but i suspect thats his natural form. but he's one of my fave players and of cos i wish him all the best. whenever i look at the score i wish to see his name on it.
GunGod

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:02 pm

Does anyone read posts around here? Benitez has DISMISSED the signing of Di Vaio.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:14 pm

holy sh!t...my worse nightmare's about to turn real? di viao is what me n my mates always use as an example of a bad striker i.e. "he's (so and so striker) worse than di viao." And our assessment if began from his parma days. though he scored a respectable amount of goals, he missed just as many sitters. now how is that different from cisse? i dont see di viao doing anything more than cisse. unless of cos, rafa wants to buy di viao and leave him on the right flank so that cisse could move to the center! pls dont make this happen.

How come he made it from Parma to the Vechia Siggnora then?

The bast has scored in every game that have played against my team, 2 games with Juventus and 2 with Valencia, so I feel legitimated to fear this player :laugh:  . The other times I've seen him in TV, he seemed more than ok to me. But you know, when talking about football, it's a matter of tastes

Sabre

(1) AB acknowledged, but I had to say something positive after reading  that Di Vaio banter!
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:04 am

bavlondon wrote:He is more of a UEFA cup side not really suited for the top flight level. I cant remember the last time he played for Italy so i guess that gives us an indication of howm his homeland veiws him.

What about Del Piero? He has played :censored: for ages, yet he still gets a look in for the National Squad. Its just a huge generalisation to make that sort of comment.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:52 am

stoney wrote:Spion NEEDS some of this too

http://www.deeperwants.com/cul1....psm.jpg

pricless   :bowdown  :bowdown  :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby vivabeti » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:29 am

I gave Vaio is a good player but I believe that this in a good state, not to aver if one comes for betis
------------------------------
vivabeti

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:12 pm

RAFA PLAYS DOWN LATEST TRANSFER TALK
Mark Platt 25 November 2005 
  Rafael Benitez has branded newspaper reports linking Liverpool with moves for Marco Di Viao and Steed Malbranque as pure speculation. 
Di Vaio of Valencia and Fulham's Malbranque are the latest in a long line of players to linked with a January move to Anfield.

But Benitez is refusing to be drawn into transfer talk such as this and said today: "It is just newspaper talk, they like to speculate and continue to come up with lots of names."

He also stressed that rumours linking Harry Kewell with a move to Aston Villa fall into the same category.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion