Season ticket holders sending back their tickets ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:25 pm

Woof, what I mean is we should not jump ship like part-time fans who'll only follow LFC when times are good. "Fans" who turn their back on the club now are not fans in my opinion.

Yes we're all f##ked off in the extreme and can't wait for GH to walk or be pushed but we're supporters of the club through the wind and the rain, good times or bad.

Somebody (Dalglish I think) summed it up on another thread with something about how you can change your job, change your house, your name and even your wife but 2 things in life you can't change are your football club and the love you have for your mother

Times are terrible but we support the club. Not the manager or even the board, the club.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:29 pm

Leon,

I agree with Woof Woof's comment. We are the REAL Liverpool supporters, we are hurting like a hell, we don't like to see Liverpool get suffered all the time, do you want that, Leon. I can't believe that you backed GH and he is not the right man for the job and he been here for last 6 years. GH did well before 2 seasons ago but that was past. What Liverpool need is change for now cos it is not working for GH anymore, he know that. It is time for him to go now.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:43 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Who the fk are you ?
One dozy tw#t in my opinion.
Just cause they've got red shirts on you think we have to say well done lads, better luck next time ????
I've been going to games since 1953 and this is the most spineless team I've ever seen wearing our badge.
Maybe it doesn't hurt you that much but then maybe it's you who is not the REAL fan.
REAL fans are hurting and have finally had enough.
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Woof woof, where in my post did I say I did not come home and give the cat a f##king good kicking after lacklustre performances like today?

I hurt, and like you have been lucky enough to have watched my team rule Europe.

The point of my post was that in the last twenty five plus years, I have done my bit by going the game and getting behind the lads. I too sung the name of Avi Cohen, Glenn Hysen, Torben Peichnik, Paul Ince and many more, and never once did I beleive thay were in the running for the balon d'or, but just because thay wore the liver bird on their chest I backed tham anyway.

Are you a season ticket holder ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:03 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Are you a season ticket holder woof woof?

Are you going to return your season ticket?

their are four season tickets in my family. whats your point ?
You and many like you seem to feel that blind allegiance is the true measure of a fan. I will never desert my club but I will speak my mind and fools that say we shouldn't cause that is not the sign of a REAL fan can just get stuffed and that includes you  :angry:
Are you henpecked, I get the feeling you like being taken for a mug  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:28 pm

Theres no rule book to being a fan. Fan 1 may sing, clap and cheer his heart out all game no matter whats happening on the pitch. Fan 2 may have a bit of a moan ana whinge for 90mins and boo the team off the end if circumstances get so bad - That don't make him a lousy supporter - and i don't think Fan1 is neccesarily better than Fan 2 either.

None of us likes losing, it bloody hurts, and we all deal with it different ways. Some jump straight on the boards or the phone-ins and start swearing and screaming at the manager and the team while others refuse to criticise, and back the team.

For me, i try to stand somewhere in the middle. I don't like to see the way Houllier is insulted and talked about in some of the posts on these boards but i can see why people say the things they say because they care about LFC. On the flip side, if fans boo and jeer the team on gameday mayhave some influence over the watching David Moores and Rick Parry.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:01 am

I think we are all agreed it hurts like hell whenever LFC lose and it hurts even more to see whats happenned at Liverpool over the last couple of seasons. . If a fan decides he has had enough and wants to HAND HIS SEASON TICKET BACK as a protest then thats his right. You might not agree with him , you might question his loyalty but no one criticises YOU for keeping yours do they ? The lad in question above isn't calling for others to join his protest so whats the problem ???? I dont actually believe that a measure of loyalty is whether you attend the games and that is me speaking as a Season ticket holder and as many Away games as I can either afford or get tickets for. I'll ltell you something that puzzles me ...WHY do so many people get in their seats late, leave 5 mins before half time and then 15 mins before the end of the game if their so loyal and interested in the game. I actually believe there are hundreds of fans at the games who are not really interested anymore but like the beer, the Hot Dogs and don't want to admit they have lost their passion. Just an opinion I know but bear in mind there are 100's of fans who would like to take your place in that seat you sit on week in , week out  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:50 am

Talking of jumping ship and the like shows that people are missing the point.
The fans ARE Liverpool Football Club. Without the fans there would be No club and David Moores and Houllier could go and sit dangling their feet in the Med.
When Shanks came to us he was a football supporter in the extreme. Within a short time he was a Liverpool supporter first and a foorball supporter second. The bond between him and the kop was because he was one of us, he knew the sickening feeling when we lost, Christ I remember, as a teenager, not speaking to ANYONE for five days because Swansea beat us at Anfield in the cup. I couldn't speak!!! I was that angry.
I'd love to see a little of that hurt of the crew in charge now.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:34 pm

Woollyback wrote:Woof, what I mean is we should not jump ship like part-time fans who'll only follow LFC when times are good. "Fans" who turn their back on the club now are not fans in my opinion.

Yes we're all f##ked off in the extreme and can't wait for GH to walk or be pushed but we're supporters of the club through the wind and the rain, good times or bad.

Somebody (Dalglish I think) summed it up on another thread with something about how you can change your job, change your house, your name and even your wife but 2 things in life you can't change are your football club and the love you have for your mother

Times are terrible but we support the club. Not the manager or even the board, the club.

Yeah but there is a difference we havent had good times, we have stuck by the club despite one co#k up after another and turmoil after turmoil and if they keep Houllier this summer I wont do it anymore and anyone with a bit of sense wont either

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:46 pm

If you wanna sell your season ticket I'll have it  :;):

Things need to change big time at LFC but stopping going watching them isn't the way to do it imo.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:56 am

Hey Roberts, ? When did SENSE and following your footbal team have anything in common !!!! :p There are about maybe 6 people who could take Houliers palace right now but if, as you imply you give up your season tcket there are 9,000 people who will willingly take your place. I've often thought the gesture is futile and achieves nothing , I understand your frustration mate but what if any will your actions achieve ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion