Predictions - For the arsenal game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:53 pm

They look shattered. If we get at them early and knacker them out we should find more space.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:14 am

We'll look here on friday to see who was right n who was wrong. I still think 2-1 to Liverpool.

Rimetto

The Blackburn game was on RTL5 its a dutch channel on satellite it wasnt live but adelayed kick-off at 4.00pm. Just trying to point out that the game was on somewhere else.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:04 am

LFC 2-0, Henry isn't playing and I think our lads are confident and determinrd to get a result, arseanl will be jaded physically and mentally and it is a perfect opportunity to take advantage of them. Hopefully Arsenal then go on and beat Newcastle!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:38 am

can we stop all this "if we play like this" business?

its nonsense.

if liverpool played like they did against roma away every week we'd win the league. if we played like we did against portsmouth away in the league we wouldn't.

the fact is no team plays the same game two games running. its a bullsh#t arguement. its a completely different game against arsenal than it was against blackburn. we aren't going to get the time and space and sloppy defending. we need to be organised, patient, solid, hold our shape, DO NOT chase the game and then take our chances when they come.

if we attack arsenal, they'll attack us and we'll come unstuck. if we play it tight and keep a good shape like last year they'll find it hard to break us down. we should be aiming to win the game in the last 20 mins, not the first 70. if our chance comes by all means take it but even if we go a goal down keeping it tight and taking our chances are the only way we'll get a result here.

1-1
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:14 pm

Stu, you're mouthing off again I see. Your argument is irrelevant about "stop talking about ""if we play like""

It's a simple concept to grasp regardless of who we're playing - if we play well, like we did against Blackburn, we will get good results. Which bit of that don't you understand?   ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:26 pm

Henry not playing. I think we should have a go at them.If we score first they will start to panic , so will their support:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:31 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Henry not playing. I think we should have a go at them.If we score first they will start to panic , so will their support:D

Bad news Woof woof, Henry is playing!!!!

This from the BBC site:

Thierry Henry could play for Arsenal over Easter after a scan revealed he is suffering from back trouble - and not a hamstring injury as first feared.
Boss Arsene Wenger had ruled Henry out of this weekend's games against Liverpool and Newcastle.

But after the results of the scan, Henry told French newspaper L'Equipe he still harboured hopes of playing.

"The plan is for me to have treatment and a test of my fitness a few hours before the Liverpool match," he said.

The prognosis looked bleaked for Henry after he was substituted following a muted display in the midweek Champions League defeat to Chelsea.

But Wenger has already given two negative medical bulletins in the past week only for his players - Jose Reyes and Fredrik Ljungberg - to make miraculous recoveries.

Arsenal could certainly use a fit Henry, after exits from the Champions League and FA Cup left the Premiership title as their only chance of silverware this season.

If Henry fails to regain fitness for the Good Friday clash with Liverpool, Wenger could give Sylvain Wiltord his first start since December, while Dennis Bergkamp and Gilberto Silva also hope for recalls.

The Gunners have seven Premiership matches left to play, with Leeds, Spurs, Birmingham, Fulham and Leicester all on the horizon.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:44 pm

1-1, we will score first, then Houllier will throw everyone into defence, they will throw everything at us and eventually score. It will the most boring match ever, just like our previous visits to highbury under houllier. I remember the days when we used to beat arsenal home and away every season with king robbie at his best
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:09 pm

ckay wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Henry not playing. I think we should have a go at them.If we score first they will start to panic , so will their support:D

Damn  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:11 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
ckay wrote:

Damn  :(

My sentiments exactly!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion