Predictions - For the arsenal game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrLiverpool » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:16 am

Ive said somewhere that Bender might rest some of his players against us cos of the chelsea match. It would be sensible two days after playing chelsea rest some players for the home game against Liverpool so they can play against Newcastle away. (be great if that happened).

Even if Arsenal play a full strenght side its a 2-1 win for Liverpool.  :)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:13 am

If Arsenal is at full strength i see a loss for us by one goals.  If they are missing one or two key players (Henry, Pires, Vieira etc.) than I see a draw and if they play their reserve side I see a resounding win for us.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:37 am

I honestly think we will get a result, either a draw or a win.

Think about it, Arsenal will have played Chelsea, Man Utd twice and then Chelsea again in the space of two weeks before they meet us and if they beat Chelsea tonight they will be focusing on a probable semi final tie with Real Madrid.

The three games I have seen Arsenal play recently they have looked tired and a bit nervous, and I think that now is the right time to play them.

A lot depends on the Chelsea game tonight. If they go out of the CL they will be firmly focussed on the Premiership and that means bad news for us.

Also, if we defeat Arsenal and they lose against Newcastle as well, Man UTD could be back in with a shout of the title again and in that scenario I would fear for us at Old Trafford.

All the same, I think we'll win 1-0. Owen to score.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ckay » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:37 pm

Arsenal will win tonight, they'll rest some players on Friday, we'll beat the them 1-0 or draw, there rested players will be back on sunday and they'll stuff Newcastle. By the time we face Man utd there seaosn will be over, they'll be in third, no chance of being caught by us or catching Chelsea and they'll be an easier prospect for us.

It'd be nice!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:39 pm

We WILL WIN 1-0. Hamann to score the winner...... trust me......... :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:46 pm

Not convinced we can keep a clean sheet against Arsenal.
Kewell after 7mins
Squinty eyes Bergkamp 53 mins
Owen 84 min
We WIN 1:2  :D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:33 pm

1-1.

They'll take the lead and we'll come back into it after coming under pressure i think or the other way round.

I still think 1-1 though. Gerrard vs Vieira will be a key battle and i think the player who dominates the other areas will come out on top, not the player who controls the middle of the pitch and thats why i think we'll get a result as Gerrard seems to do this better.

The other battles i think will be crucial is how Carragher copes with Henry and Pires, i think we'll see Jamie play one of his best games of the season.

Lungberg to score for Arsenal and Kewell for Liverpool.
115-1073096938

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:37 pm

We'l p#ss it! Arsenal are doing the same as last year. Their players are looking leggy, they are failing in the last half hour of games at the moment. Kewell will have a blinder (like Sunday) we'll win 2-0
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:24 am

Arsenal are choking again.

I don't think they have the bottle for the big occasions.

They've blown it again.

Right now is the best time to play them!!!!

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:50 am

Arsenal are physically and mentally exhausted...hopefully we will take advantage.  LFC 2-0
redspirit

Postby redspirit » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:51 am

Oh, but Houllier doesn't like to humiliate opponents.  He might play for a draw.
redspirit

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:09 am

I'll take a DRAW now . Of course hoping for a victory but a draws the most probable result :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redspirit » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:01 am

Henry might not play..:)

Just four days ago, the Gunners were chasing a league, cup and European treble. Now, after Saturday's 1-0 loss to Manchester United in the domestic cup and a home reverse to the Blues, Wenger's men must rediscover their previous form to secure the Premiership title, the only trophy that remains in sight.

And they may be without injured striker Thierry Henry as they entertain Liverpool on Friday before a tough trip to Newcastle on Sunday.

Henry was taken off with a hamstring strain in the closing stages, albeit five minutes before Chelsea struck their winner.

Wenger revealed: 'Thierry had injured his hamstring and wanted to come off. He will be out for the weekend but it's difficult to say for how long after that.'
redspirit

Postby ckay » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:05 am

I hope he's out for friday's game and then comes back to score a hatrick against Newcastle. As GH say's, we have 7 cup finals to play.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:44 am

Ckay no offence to yourself but that quote really gets on my ti ts..........

We have ten cup finals to play, weve got 7 finals to go .

What a load of tosh. It is the fact that we have NIL ZIP ZILCH NADA NOTHING in the way of Cup Finals to go that makes the use of this stupid cliche a real pain in my a#se.

We are battling with Newcastle, Birmingham, Villa and Charlton for fourth place. What a f##king joke.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion