Danny murphy - Back in england reckoning

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:13 pm

Tord Grip is quoted in various sources today with tipping Smurf for an England recall.

It'll take a lot of injuries for him to get a chance in the first 11, but I have to say I'm delighted for him. It'll be richly deserved if it does happen. He was Charlton's best player last season, and has seemingly found another level again this term. Playing just off the striker (much like Garcia) is really bringing out the best of him.

Even if nothing does come of it, I thought it was worth mentioning. Still a player I enjoy watching, regardless of the team he's turning out for. One of the hardest working players around.  :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:17 pm

Always liked Murphy tbh, under GH in the season we came 2nd, he was a very important player for us. He's been a good signing for Chalrlton, and deserves to be looked at for England IMO. We probably could have done with him last season TBH, instead of playing Igor, Diao or Welsh.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:21 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Always liked Murphy tbh, under GH in the season we came 2nd, he was a very important player for us. He's been a good signing for Chalrlton, and deserves to be looked at for England IMO. We probably could have done with him last season TBH, instead of playing Igor, Diao or Welsh.

Good point about last season, he would have come in handy.

He's playing well but we have four centre mids who are all better than him without a doubt, he wouldn't get a look-in now.

Good to see Murphy doing well though, I'll never forget his winners against Man U!  England though?  Just not good enough imo :no
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:43 pm

Happy to see him doing well, i did like him as a player, but i am with John Craig on him not being good enough for England and therefore that means he is not good enough for LFC, Rafa done well he sold Murphy and brought in Alonso. We now having Sissoko and Hamann have the best centre midfielders in England.
But the united winners will never be forgotton.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:08 pm

I've got him in my Fantasy League team at the moment. 

I hold some good memories of him obviously, but it was time to move on when we sold him.  Between 2001 - 2003, we saw his best days and peak years.  We were saying last season that we might have been a bit hasty in selling him considering the injuries we had to key players, and it's certainly an argument worth debating, but we still won the Champions League didn't we?  All in all, good business selling him.
jonnymac1979

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:17 pm

Good luck to the guy,i,m pleased he is doing so well
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion