Anthony le tallec watch - Follow le tallecs progress at sunderland

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:55 pm

Instead of someone making a new topic every week about Anthony Le Tallec, I though it would be a good idea to have one thread dedicated to his progress at Sunderland this season. If someone wants to make a new comment then they should drag this thread back up.

Here is profile from the official website:

ANTHONY LE TALLEC
Position: Midfielder
Date of Birth: 03/10/1984
Height:
Weight:
1st team games: 32
1st team goals: 1
International caps: France under 21
International goals: 0
Former clubs: Le Havre, St Etienne
Birth Place: Hennebont France

Anthony Le Tallec joined newly promoted Sunderland on a season's loan in August 2005.
He returned to Anfield in January 2005 cutting short a year-long loan back in France with St Etienne whom he joined in July 2004.

Le Tallec gave Rafael Benitez further options for the rest of the 2004/05 season especially with the amount of injury problems at the club. He played in a memorable Champions League quarter-final victory over Juventus at Anfield.

Gerard Houllier secured the double transfers of Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama Pongolle when they arrived at Anfield in the summer of 2003.

The pair had previously both been on a season's loan at French side Le Havre and Le Tallec and Pongolle were in much demand throughout the football world.

Le Tallec, who can play in the centre of midfield or just off the striker is a France under-21 international. His obvious talent was recognised at an early age when he signed for Le Havre in 1992 when he was just eight years old.

In August 2001 Le Tallec made his League debut for Le Havre against Grenoble but it was in May 2001 when he came to the world attention. He scored five goals along the way to help France to the final of the European U16 Championships in England. where they are defeated 1-0 by Spain.

In September 2001 Le Tallec and Pongolle enjoyed more success when they won the Under-17 World Cup. Le Tallec picked up the silver ball, awarded to the tournament's second best player, an award won by Pongolle. He also won the bronze shoe for goalscoring and assists.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:00 pm

I was very disappointed not see Le Tallec in the squad for Sunderland, I was expecting him to start as he impressed for them in the last friendly and it isn’t exactly the most impressive squad.

But there’s always next week and I am fully expecting him to get plenty of games during the course of season.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:19 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:But there’s always next week and I am fully expecting him to get plenty of games during the course of season.

Unfortunately, Sunderland have us, making him ineligable to play...... maybe the week after!!  :D

Good thread tho.....  :buttrock
Last edited by Feeney on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:14 pm

Aye I hope Le Tallec does well this season, not least because he's in my fantasy football team.  Pretty raging he wasn't in the squad this week, and then he's ineligible next week :(
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:26 pm

on a side note, Kirkland did well for West Brom on Saturday.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:29 pm

7_Kewell wrote:on a side note, Kirkland did well for West Brom on Saturday.

See here:

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12825

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:49 pm

have we ever tried playing le tallec and pognolle together,,,?
bedlovedays

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:51 pm

not to my knowledge.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:04 am

bedlovedays wrote:have we ever tried playing le tallec and pognolle together,,,?

They came on together quiet a few times in the first season and often linked up well.

I remember once against Man Utd when we were playing really poor they both came on together and changed the game, all of a sudden we were creating problems for them, and then Pongolle set up a goal for Kewell, unfortunately we were already 2 behind and ended up losing 2-1.

But they have played together for a long time and do seem to complement each other, but I’m not too confident we will see them playing together in Liverpool shirts again.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:48 pm

Le Tallec got his first competitve game for Sunderland and it looks as though he was in the thick of things. He missed 2 good chances but he scored a good header and set up another chance.

P.S. Dont move this mods, it is totally relevant in the LFC Genreal section as we are interested in the progress of this LIVERPOOL player and he has a good chance of coming back and being part of the first team squad. Oh yeah, move my Kirkland thread back aswell.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PepeMomo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:14 pm

I would love to see Le Tallec and Sinama to blossom, for i remember how high their reputations they had when they joined us (was it the same summer as C.Ronaldo joined the manures?)  He's full of talent when i watched those clips of the under-19 world cup they won..

Would love to see ATL in reds again and hope him do well in Sunderland and earn a recall from Rafa next season.:laugh:
PepeMomo

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:06 pm

I read some where that they are cousins? Can any one confirm this?
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:06 pm

"I certainly have no regrets about coming on loan to Sunderland because I needed to be playing regularly and that was difficult at Liverpool."

Le Tallec expects to return to Anfield next summer, but admits he could remain in Sunderland if he is deemed surplus to requirements on Merseyside.

"At the moment I plan to go back there and try again," he added. "By then, hopefully, Sunderland will still be in the Premier League and I will have played my part in keeping them there.

"Perhaps if there is no future for me at Liverpool, I might stay here."

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:52 pm

Alonso14 wrote:I read some where that they are cousins? Can any one confirm this?

Yea they are cousins, they didn't realise it until they arrived at Clairefontain I think. But one thing is certain, they are definately cousins
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:04 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
Alonso14 wrote:I read some where that they are cousins? Can any one confirm this?

Yea they are cousins, they didn't realise it until they arrived at Clairefontain I think. But one thing is certain, they are definately cousins

They're distant cousins - FSP is related to ALT's uncle's wife.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion