Chris kirkland watch - Follow kirklands progress at w.b.a

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby liverpoolrich » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:23 pm

heared he got man of the match against man city :ghostface:
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:27 pm

typical that his first full game after we let him go on loan is a man of the match performance.

tony warner (remember him?) also got MOM for fulham against birmingham.

infact last weekend in the premiership there were FIVE ex-liverpool keepers playing, kirkland warner, westerveld, freidel and james.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:32 pm

stmichael wrote:infact last weekend in the premiership there were FIVE ex-liverpool keepers playing, kirkland warner, westerveld, freidel and james.

Is it now Dudek's turn?

:)
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:30 pm

I cant see the problem here he is still our player. I think Rafa did the right thing bringing in a new keeper, Kirkland has a season now to show he can steer clear of injuries and we have a keeper highly rated by most in Spain that has made a decent start.
If things were to go wrong with Reina we could have Kirkland back next season.
Although i agree with yvkgvfasguf[auf[a (whatever your bizarre name is)  :D  that he made a few mistakes last year and looked far from convincing.
This leaves us with the best of both worlds imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:56 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I cant see the problem here he is still our player. I think Rafa did the right thing bringing in a new keeper, Kirkland has a season now to show he can steer clear of injuries and we have a keeper highly rated by most in Spain that has made a decent start.
If things were to go wrong with Reina we could have Kirkland back next season.
Although i agree with yvkgvfasguf[auf[a (whatever your bizarre name is)  :D  that he made a few mistakes last year and looked far from convincing.
This leaves us with the best of both worlds imo.

:bowdown
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:10 pm

Hope Kirkland keeps well in WBA goal, and that he gets a full season without any injury.
He's got a strong opposition in Kuszczak - a backup (Polish :) ) keeper. He saved WBA last season in the last games of the season (especially against Manure).
I really hope that when he comes back next season from loan, he, Reina and maybe even Carson will make a great performance contest to give us as many clean sheets as possible.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:25 pm

Kirkland has just conceded a goal, but apparently it was an outstanding free kick from Laurent Robert.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:43 pm

Well Kirkland conceded 4 goals against Chelsea, but cant really say any of the goals were really his fault, and he did pull of some good saves.

P.S Dont you think this should be back in the 'Liverpool  - Genreal Discussion' section.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PepeMomo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:19 pm

i think kirklands performance yesterday, has raised the question of why we wasted 8m on Reina.

Dudek and Kirkland were sufficient in my book

are u sure that the performance given by Dudek (except the last 30 minutes in Istanbul) and Kirky last season is sufficient?... I think they had a really bad season there.... ???
PepeMomo

Postby Afroman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:44 pm

I don't think Reina is worth his 6-8mil or whatever we paid.
I know the season has just started but he doesn't seem like a good shot stopper.
He dominates his box and is intellegent with possision but still not good enough imo.
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:26 pm

Kirkland is looking good, he needed some experience and a good run in a team without any injuries.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:18 pm

Well it looks as though Kirkland is now the England number 2, after just 3 games for W.B.A, shows that Sven like many other managers and pundits think he is good player. A few years ago, most people predicted that Robinson and Kirkland would be competing for the number 1 jersy eventually.

Do you know that when they were both in the England U21 squad, Kirkland was actually chosen ahead of Robinson.

The thing is that Robinson has had 3 and half seasons of first team football which has helped him mature into a top keeper, Kirkland needs a couple of seasons of first team football under his belt, then I am confident that he will prove a lot of people wrong.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:57 am

Good to see Kirkland finally getting an injury-free run after all his bad luck.  But to be honest I don't rate him as a top keeper, certainly not International class.  Even if he stays injury free (which is probably unlikely) I still think he doesn't have great reflexes and isn't quick enough coming off his line.

In terms of the England squad, he's getting a look-in because England are REALLY short of top keepers at the moment, not because he's a top keeper himself imo.  In fact Robinson is the only English keeper at the moment that I would call International class.  The next best to him is Martyn, who at 38/39 is a bit too old for a recall.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion