Ripped off - I just wanna rant!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:07 am

Lee J wrote:Yesterday I had a bankers draft drawn up (cost £15) to buy a van with from a "private" seller.
This van seemed to drive well on Friday when I tested it, not bad really for a 4 year old Ford Transit. I was happy. I agreed to buy it. I picked it up yesterday evening.

"It's just passed its MOT. Here's the test certificate."
"Cheers mate, 12 months test, cool."

I set off on the 2 mile journey home. Seems to drive ok I thought (big smile on my face). I'll stick the radio on.
<CODE>
Code? fuck. Oh maybe it's the std factory code (1234)
1- err, why isn't the 2 working? err, 3? Radio shagged then. Hang on, the dashboard clock? that aint working either, oh well, it is a 4 year old van after all (not so big smile now).
SHIT! I just nearly curbed it. Hang on, the wheels are straight, the steering wheel points right?? Tracking must be out.
Bloody hell, the nights are drawing in now, it's getting dark early. I better stick some headlights on. Well, I better stick ONE headlight on anyway. How's it passed it's MOT with only one light working?   :oh:
Nearly home.......  la la la la........ (rabbit runs out in front) BRRRRAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE    WHOAAAAAAAAAA   Drivers seat not fixed down too good, I seem to be kissing the windscreen.
Ahh, Im home. Best lock it up and go to the pub. [presses the remote button to lock it] WIRRRRRRRR CLUNK. Locked. All except for the sliding door, this door wont lock for love nor money. I must be doing something wrong here, I'll refer to the manual for the locking procedure, just in case. It'll be in the glove box... ...which has just come off in my hand.  :veryangry
Fuck it. I'm going to the pub.

NEXT DAY (today, Tuesday 20th Sept.)

I'll take the van to work, give it a good run on the M62 to Leeds. all seems ok, stop for some diesel, reset the tripometer, away we go. 40 mile later I stop in the works carpark, quick check on the tripometer, yep, I've done 000 miles since I left Selby. WHAT? And whats this? The milage says 084999? It said that on Friday when I test drove it. It says that on the MOT too. Now your thinking what I'm thinking  right? Clocked. Shit. I've been done up like a fucking kipper. Robbing bastards. Taken up the arse by Pontefract's very own Arthur Daley.

I'm seriousley pissed off now. I've rang the bank. Guess what, they can't stop a bankers draft. Thats it. The money is theirs. mother fuckers.

I am so depressed and pissed off.

always always buy from a dealer lee.

fucking rogue traders, there are plenty of them about. i reckon you should have some comeback as they handed you a new MOT, and if im not mistaken, you can appeal if that MOT is bad within 2 weeks since the Test.

that would make your case stronger

all the best
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum